The average credit load per quarter is 3 credits (one class) for part-time students and 6-9 credits for full-time students. The credits needed to complete each degree vary by degree program and are listed on the degree program web pages. Cost per credit hour for the 2020 - 2021 academic year:
- Master’s degree credits*:
- Adult Education & Training: $650
- Counseling, Clinical Mental Health and School: $650
- Educating Non-Native English Speakers: $650
- Educational Administration: $650
- Student Development Administration: $625
- Special Education: $650
- School Psychology: $650
- Master in Teaching: $625
- Teaching English to Students of Other Languages: $650
- Doctoral degree credits: $750
*Students will be charged their program tuition rate regardless of course prefix.
- Application fee: $55
- Matriculation (one-time fee, non-refundable): $150
- Student Development Masters Program Fee: $500
- EDLR 6120 (program continuation): $750 per additional quarter
- Doctoral dissertation and publication: $115
- Additional dissertation copyright fee (optional): $55
- College of Education Assessment Fee (per quarter): $50
- Quarterly recreation fee** (enrolled in 9 credits or more): $100
- Quarterly recreation fee** (enrolled in less than 9 credits): $65
- Quarterly technology fee (enrolled in 9 credits or more): $175
- Quarterly technology fee (enrolled in less than 9 credits): $115
- Late Registration (per course for any registration after the add/drop period): $50
- Graduate Activity Fee (per quarter): $10
- Doctor of Education deposit: $500
- Master in Teaching deposit: $100
Course Specific Fees
Some courses have additional associated fees. These are listed in the course section details on SUOnline when conducting a search for classes.
Tuition Remission for SU Employees
**The Quarterly recreation fee is waived for students enrolled in our online programs (Adult Education and Training and Educating Non-Native English Speakers).
Seattle University tuition and fees are set yearly and subject to change each summer quarter for the coming year. Seattle University reserves the right to revise its charges at any time without prior notice.