Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until cohort has been filled. Early submission by the priority deadline is encouraged to ensure consideration for the upcoming cohort. Please note that cohort coursework officially begins every Summer Quarter.
Applications for the Post-Master's Certification program are accepted for Summer Quarter only. Students may apply early and begin taking core College of Education courses prior to the cohort start.
Deadlines for international students are available on the Graduate Admissions website.
|Application Submission Date
||Application Review Period
for Invited Applicants
|By December 1
||December 2 - January 23
Week of January 25-29
|By February 1
||February 16 - March 12
Week of March 15-20
|By May 15
||May 10 - 16
Week of May 17-21
*All interviews will be conducted in person; online/ phone interviews are not available.
Complete Seattle University’s Online Application, which includes the following elements:
- $55 Application Fee (waived for SU alumni)
- Reflecting at least one year successful relevant work experience (for Principal specialization only: experience must be classroom-based).
- 2 College of Education Recommendation Forms
- From supervisors within past five years
- College of Education Self-Evaluation Form
- Online Application
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Calculated from the last 90 quarter/60 semester of the bachelor's degree and any post-baccalaureate course work.
- Applicants with less than a 3.00 GPA and applications from non-graded bachelor's degree programs must submit GRE or MAT scores earned within the last 5 years by the application deadline.
- Official transcripts
- Submit official transcripts either electronically or mail directly to Graduate Admissions
- Seattle University
Office of Graduate Admission
901 12th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122-1090
- Interview with Educational Administration faculty with an on-site writing sample.
International students are invited to visit our admissions page for a list of requirements.