Applications for the Master of Education program are accepted every quarter. Please note that cohort coursework officially begins every Spring Quarter.
- Summer Quarter - May 20
- Fall Quarter - July 20
- Winter Quarter - November 20
- Spring Quarter - February 20
Applications for the Post-Master's Certification program are accepted for Spring Quarter only. Students may apply early and begin taking core College of Education courses prior to the cohort start.
|Application Submission Date
||Application Review Period
for Invited Applicants
|By December 1
||December 2 - 10
December 11, 2017; 4:00 - 5:00 pm
|December 2 - January 12
||January 15 - 26
January 29, 2018; 4:00 - 5:00 pm
|January 13 - February 9
||Februray 12 - 23
Februray 26, 2018; 4:00 - 5:00 pm
|February 10 - 20
||February 21 - March 16
March 19, 2018; 4:00 - 5:00 pm
*All interviews will be conducted in person; online/ phone interviews are not available.
Complete Seattle University’s Online Application, which includes the following elements:
- $55 Application Fee (waived for SU alumni)
- Reflecting at least one year successful relevant work experience (for Principal specialization only: experience must be classroom-based).
- 2 College of Education Recommendation Forms
- From supervisors within past five years
- College of Education Self-Evaluation Form
- Online Application
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Calculated from the last 90 quarter/60 semester of the bachelor's degree and any post-baccalaureate course work.
- Applicants with less than a 3.00 GPA and applications from non-graded bachelor's degree programs must submit GRE or MAT scores earned within the last 5 years by the application deadline.
- Official transcripts
- Interview with Educational Administration faculty with an on-site writing sample.
International students are invited to visit our admissions page for a list of requirements.