A new and exciting organization for students and faculty in the school psychology program at Seattle University.
Our mission is to foster growth and professional development among students while strengthening the program’s overall mission for training quality school psychologists with an emphasis on social justice and advocacy.
Our Objectives are:
- To organize academic, social and community service events for current members
- To promote the field of School Psychology in the community
- To provide links between students and faculty in the program
- To represent students’ needs and interests regarding their academic programs and pursuits
- To be a resource for students in the program
- To provide students with opportunities to be involved in social activities
- To serve as a resource where students can learn about various community organizations, develop and strengthen their leadership skills, and discuss current issues in the field
- To offer opportunities for professional development beyond the classroom
- To represent the Jesuit mission, by being an advocate
- To provide discussions about volunteer and employment opportunities, individual class issues, research ideas and opportunities for involvement, practical issues needed for academic success, guest speakers, and participation at local and national conferences
Join the School Psychers on Facebook! Recommended dues are $20.