As part of student’s formation as a professional counselor, the faculty in the Counseling programs strongly encourage students to join a professional counseling organization, nationally, state-wide, and locally.
The benefits of joining a professional organization include, but are not limited to:
- Stay current on trends and policy issues in the field
- Subscription to journals, newsletters, and magazines
- Networking opportunities with graduate students, faculty, and professionals
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and shape the counseling profession
- Professional liability insurance
- Conference registration discounts
A list of professional counseling organizations is provided below.
Employment Opportunities and Information for Counselors
School Counseling Resources
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Resources