Join Kris Hirschmann, CCTS’s Director of Transition Services, for an introduction to Student-Led IEPs and Developing Job Shadow Experiences. Webinars are live captioned.
- February 19, 2020; 3-4 p.m. – Student-Led IEPs
- May 20, 2020; 3-4 p.m. – Developing Job-Shadow Experiences
Inclusionary Practices – Special Education and CTE
- CCTS is one of several agencies collaborating with OSPI as part of the Inclusionary Practices Professional Development Project.
- Starting in the spring, CCTS will be working with school teams statewide to increase opportunities for students with disabilities in general education. The focus is building partnerships between Special Education and Career Technical Education (CTE).
- Please take our confidential 5-minute survey to inform our upcoming professional development and training opportunities. We value your feedback and look forward to learning more about how we can support you and your district.
View 2017-18 Post-School Outcome Data
- CCTS’s Indicator B14 Post-School Outcome Report and PowerPoint for Washington state are currently available on the CCTS website.
- ESD- and district-level data will be added to the TSF2’s Presentations page over the next several weeks. Stay tuned for an email when your district’s data are available. (Presentations will not be generated for districts with zero 2017-18 leavers.)
- To access your district’s data sooner, please complete the CCTS Data Request Form. Requests will be prioritized on a first-come, first-served basis.
Preparing for the 2020 Post-School Survey
The Post-School Survey is a year-round process! No sooner do we finalize last year’s data, than it’s time to start thinking about this year’s survey and the next. If you’re someone that is involved in the survey at your school or district, below are a few reminders and resources to consider as you plan ahead.
- Make sure you have access to an accurate list of leavers from the 2018-19 school year. This list will be needed when leaver verification opens in May.
- Locate, review, and update contact information for your 2018-19 leavers. This information will be needed to start making phone calls when the survey opens June 1.
- Start preparing this year’s leavers for the 2021 survey. The Post-School Survey Guidance for Students and Families page includes survey FAQ, informational PowerPoint, and handouts in both English and Spanish.
- Stay tuned for updates from CCTS. We’ll let you know when new information is available on the Post-School Survey Guidance for Educators
Online Training Materials
Transition training materials are available in self-paced, online formats. Each training includes a workbook and a series of PowerPoint modules that can be can be reviewed individually or with a group (recommended).
Opportunity for Students – Boundless Washington
- Recently launched by the Office of the Lt. Governor, Boundless Washington is a two-year outdoor leadership program for young people with disabilities, ages 14-15.
- The program is designed to give students access to the great outdoors while also building their confidence and leadership skills.
- 10-20 students will be selected for the program. There are no fees for participation.
- Boundless Washington applications and nominations close March 2, 2020.
Join the CCTS Transition Network on Basecamp
- CCTS invites all Washington educators, administrators, and agency representatives to join us on Basecamp, an online communication platform.
- Join the CCTS Transition Network on Basecamp to share your thoughts, questions, ideas, and recommendations related to transition.