CCTS/DVR Collaboration Project (2020-2021)
In July 2020, CCTS received a contract award to provide professional development training to the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) and education staff as guided by Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Increase the availability, accessibility, and coordinated delivery of pre-employment transition services (Pre-ETS) to potentially eligible students with disabilities in Washington.
- CCTS provided a series of trainings designed for DVR staff and a series of trainings designed for DVR and school teams to attend together. Topics included: Aligning IEPs and High school and Beyond Plans, T-Folio, Quality Indicators for Secondary Transition (QuIST), and Understanding Components of IEPs.
- In June 2021, CCTS hosted the CCTS/DVR virtual transition forum, Voices of Change: Practicing Inclusive Pre-Employment Transition Service, featuring keynote speaker, Judith E. Heumann. With DVR's sponsorship, over 20 live and on-demand sessions were available to Washington agency staff, educators, parents, and students free of charge.
CCTS/DVR Collaboration Project (2016-2018)
In August 2016, CCTS received a contract award from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) to improve the transition outcomes of students with disabilities from school to employment or postsecondary education.
In collaboration with DVR, CCTS works to facilitate partnerships with the ESDs and LEAs to address the authorized activities as outlined in Title IV of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) as well as to support and enhance the required activities listed in the WIOA Scope of Work.
- Increase post-school outcomes in employment and postsecondary education/training programs for students with disabilities in Washington state.
- Provide a coordinated set of pre-employment transition services (Pre-ETS) between LEAs, ESDs and DVR agencies throughout Washington state.
- CCTS Transition Specialists and DVR Pre-Employment Transition Consultants collaborated with district-level Transition Learning Communities (TLCs) and regional Interagency Transition Networks (ITNs) to improve and increase post-school outcomes for students in employment and education.
- In June 2018, CCTS hosted a Transition Forum in Wenatchee to report on the overall process, outcomes, and promising practices for implementation throughout the state.