Council for Exceptional Children
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted. The CEC:
- Advocates for appropriate governmental policies
- Sets professional standards
- Provides continual professional development
- Advocates for newly and historically under-served individuals with exceptionalities
- Helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice
Division on Career Development & Transition
The mission of DCDT is to promote national and international efforts to improve the quality of and access to:
- Career/vocational and transition services,
- Increase the participation of education in career development and transition goals, and
- To influence policies affecting career development and transition services for persons with disabilities.
National Center on Educational Outcomes
- The National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) provides national leadership in designing and building educational assessments and accountability systems.
- These systems are intended to appropriately monitor educational results for all students, including students with disabilities and students with limited English proficiency.
National Technical Assistance Center on Transition (NTACT)
- NTACT’s purpose is to assist State Education Agencies, Local Education Agencies, State VR agencies, and VR service providers in implementing evidence-based and promising practices ensuring students with disabilities graduate prepared for success in postsecondary education and employment.
- NTACT Predictors
- The Transition Coalition provides online information, support, and professional development on topics related to the transition from school to adult life for youth with disabilities.
- Visit the Publications section for materials and presentations.