Dr. Kit Career Videos
In this selection of YouTube videos, employees in different professions were asked the following questions:
- Describe your typical day.
- What are the qualifications required for this job?
- What are the best and worst parts of this job?
- What final advice do you have for someone interested in this line of work?
Career Connections Ohio
- Young professionals tell us about their jobs and take us behind the scenes to show us what they do every day.
- Although this is focused on Ohio’s in-demand jobs, it is a powerful career resource for any student!
- There are nearly 100 different careers sampled on this website.
Career One Stop Video Library
The Video Library provides a brief visual introduction to careers, career clusters, industries, and related topics.
- Career videos
- There are approximately 520 career videos that describe typical work tasks and settings, education requirements, and helpful qualities for approximately 1,000 different occupations.
- Some closely related occupations are grouped together so that a single video may profile more than one occupation. Each career video is approximately 90 seconds in length. Spanish language translations are available.
- Career cluster/industry videos
- Career clusters refer to groups of occupations with related skills, while industries refer to groups of businesses or organizations that share similar activities or products.
- These videos show the relationship of groups of occupations to the types of organizations that employ them.
- There are two videos for each of the featured career clusters/industries: the first is an overview of the industry's functions, size, and trends, while the second video provides a description of occupations available at different levels of education and training in that cluster.
- On the Job Shadow website, students can read real interviews from people as they talk about the jobs they do and the careers they have.
- If the student is career hunting, trying to find out what career is right, students can read about and explore the different career options and shadow people’s jobs online.
- Videos and curriculum designed to help students explore 21st century career paths and pursue meaningful careers.
- Interviews with people working in the field some of who are celebrities.
- Engaging and interesting for youth.
- Documentaries, books and tools are available on the website.
Virtual Job Shadow
- Website that bridges workforce realities directly to education, providing meaningful career exploration with powerful tools and proprietary videos.
- There is a cost for this service.