- Online career resource with Washington-specific employment information and education resources.
- Available online with an interactive quiz, demand-decline list, apprenticeships, disability resources, and more.
- Created by Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board.
- Free Plans of Study, Knowledge and Skills Charts, Interest Survey Activity
- Career Cruising is an interactive career resource designed for people of all ages to find the right career, explore different career options, or plan future education and training. Subscription required.
- The Career Key is organized according to the three basic principles of good decision making:
- Know yourself - your strengths, values, personality, and skills.
- Know your options. Think of as many alternatives as you can.
- Make good decisions.
- Career Solutions Publishing Group develops classroom materials that focus on workplace ethics, work readiness, integration of academics and careers, and personal money management.
- It includes free lesson plans as well as paid ones.
Career One Stop
- The Skills Profiler helps the user create a list of skills and matches them to possible job types that match those skills.
Career Resources Toolkit for Job-Seekers
- “Career Resources Toolkit for Job-Seekers" contains career development resources - on every major job-search and career topic - to help job-seekers find a better job or career.
- Students can also search for available jobs.
- Inside Jobs is a free, user-friendly website where students can explore a wide range of career opportunities and learn the paths that can get them there.
- Jobs are divided conveniently into career families and users can also connect with regional postsecondary programs.
- Use to explore jobs student may already be interested in, or in conjunction with a career assessment.
Magellan Career Assessment Program
- Magellan uses 9 assessments and performance-based surveys to measure 12 interest areas and 27 criterion-referenced factors based on the U.S. Department of Labor's "Revised Handbook for Analyzing Jobs".
- Magellan's academic skills assessment is based on field-proven assessment software.
The MECA System
- Assesses interests and aptitudes, academic/basic skills for the workplace, and more.
- Teaches goal setting, self-advocacy, social/emotional learning, and functional life, social, literacy and work skills.
- It includes a career planner. The MECA System offers a free trial that does not expire, however the trial does not give the full report.
- The full report is a paid service.
My Next Move
- My Next Move is a web-based interactive tool for new job seekers, students, and other career explorers to learn more about their career options.
O*NET Resource Center
- Assessments that include ability profiler, interest profiler, work importance locator, and more. It uses government employment statistics.
- Includes Career Interest Areas Assessment, Interest Profiler, Skills Assessment, Work Importance Locator, Reality Check, electronic portfolio, and more.
- WorkKeys is a job skills assessment system measuring real-world skills.
- WorkKeys connects work skills, training, and testing for education and employers, responds to the requirements of federal programs and legislation, supports economic and workforce programs and is the basis for the National Career Readiness Certificate.