Housing and Residence Life provides safe and inclusive communities to the students of Seattle University with opportunities for connection and exploration through a dedicated team, strategic partnerships, and a commitment to living our values.
We provide formational experiences that empower students to be engaged leaders as they move beyond our communities and into the world.
Commitment To Diversity And Social Justice
We are committed to providing an inclusive community that promotes understanding and appreciation for all races, religions, national origins, socio-economic classes, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, physical and learning abilities, veteran status, and ages. We are dedicated to recruiting, selecting, and retaining a competent staff that reflects the cultural and personal diversity of the residence hall population. Recognizing the essential role diversity plays in educational excellence, we intentionally provide students and staff with diverse educational and social opportunities so that they may become leaders for a just and humane world.
These are the steps we are actively taking in order to realize our vision.
- Highest quality custodial and maintenance services are provided to our students. We strive for same day response to requests and to provide the cleanest housing facilities in the nation.
- Personalized service to meet a variety of needs and respect each student as an individual.
- Integrate technology to enhance the resident experience and improve the delivery of services.
- Provide opportunities for students to engage in leadership development opportunities through training and student governance.
- Assist residents in the formation and understanding of their leadership philosophy and skills through the framework of the Social Change Model of Leadership Development.
- Explore connections between in-class and out-of-class learning.
- Access to faculty outside of the classroom.
- Provide events and thought-provoking activities to all first-year students.
- Create welcoming and inclusive residential communities through development of community standards and establishing a sense of identity.
- Involvement, interaction and investment in the residential community is encouraged through interactive programming, events and leadership opportunities.
- Residents gain the skills required to be positive community members within the residence halls and as they transition to the greater community.
- Students engage in our diverse community through intentional peer-to-peer small group dialogues.
- Professional and student staff reflect the diversity of our student body.
- Educate our students and staff around issues of social justice through training, dialogue, and experiential learning.