Education Abroad Office Opportunities
Welcome Back Re-Entry Brown Bags
Re-entry Brown Bags are held several times over a quarter for returning study abroad students. It's an opportunity to connect with other study abroad alumni, find local opportunities for cultural engagement and involvement, and begin to discern your rich and transformative experience. Events are shared through the SU listserv, as well as our Facebook page and on our website.
Quarterly Re-Entry Workshops
In collaboration with Career Services, Campus Ministry, and the Office of Fellowships a variety of workshops are offered for returning study abroad students. Past topics included; resume building, reflection, and funding opportunities to go abroad again. Our hope is with specialized workshops students have the chance to explore the re-entry process in more detail.
College of Art & Sciences Photo Competition
Submit photos that address the theme "Imagining the World" to the annual Arts & Sciences Photo Competition for a chance to win great prizes and be showcased in an exhibit at the Kinsey Gallery.
The EAO is seeking a group of motivated and committed study abroad returnees with a passion for study abroad and international engagement to join our Global Ambassador Program. Global Ambassadors will:
- Reflect on their study abroad experiences in order to improve pre-departure, advising, and returnee processes
- Plan campus-wide cultural events that promote global engagement and draw from student experiences abroad
- Develop returnee programming to aid returning students in their transition back to campus
- Mentor outgoing study abroad students prior to their departure
- Assist in pre-departure health, safety, and culture orientations