Let's Get Started!
The Education Abroad Office offers advising services to help guide you in finding a program that best suits your financial, personal, and academic goals. Wondering how to get started? Below are simple steps to begin your study abroad process!
The Five Steps to Studying Abroad
1. Attend an Information Session at the Education Abroad Office (EAO)
- Call 206-296-2226, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit PAVL 124 to reserve your spot for an information session.
- Information sessions offered Monday - Friday
- Learn about the types of programs offered, transferring credits, and financial aid
- Students must attend an info session before initially meeting with an advisor
2. Schedule an Appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor
- Receive 1:1 assistance with your program exploration
- Sign up through Starfish or Call 206-296-2226, email email@example.com, or visit PAVL 124 for assistance.
- Prior to your appointment complete the Education Abroad Planning Worksheet on Horizons in Surveys (your first appointment only)
- Bring your Program Evaluation on the day of the appointment (your first appointment only)
3. Explore Programs
4. Apply to your Program
*Please note that the Education Abroad Office cannot guarantee that students who apply for an academic year for SU-Sponsored and Exchange programs will be approved for the entire academic year. Consult with your Education Abroad Advisor for more options.
5. Complete Required Pre-Departure Paperwork and Orientation
How to make an appointment
Education Abroad Advisors are available to meet with you by appointment.
- For first time advising, make sure you've attended an Information Session. You should plan for a 30 minute advising appointment.
- For continued advising, you can utilize advising appointment times or drop-in advising hours on a first come first serve basis.
You can make your appointment online:
- Book with Kirsti Ruud (Last Name A-L):
- Book with Jennifer Chan (Last Name M-Z): Click here to schedule an appointment
- Sign into Office Bookings using your SU username and password.
- Select your preferred date and time
- Add your details and under "Notes" write a description of why you are making the appointment