Let's Get Started!
The Education Abroad Office provides guidance in finding a program that best suits your academic and personal goals, as well as financial needs. Wondering how to get started? Below are the steps to begin your study abroad process!
The Next Steps to Studying Abroad
1. Complete Education Abroad 101 on Canvas
Beginning Fall 2021, interested students will be enrolled into the "Global Engagement with Education Abroad" Canvas course. In Module 1: Explore, you will complete Education Abroad 101, a self paced information session that provides an introduction to Education Abroad at SU.
- This must be complete before meeting with an Education Abroad Advisor
Request Canvas Course Invitation
Invitations will be sent out in Mid-September!
3. Attend Education Abroad Planning Meeting with your Education Abroad Advisor
- After completing Education Abroad 101, you will use links in the Canvas course to schedule a Planning Meeting
- In this small-group session, you will meet with your Education Abroad Advisor and gain more in-depth knowledge and resources regarding financial and academic planning, as well as hot to identify programs that meet your particular goals and needs. You will also receive an overview of the application process and next steps.
- After participating in this meeting, you are welcome to schedule further one-on-one appointments with your Education Abroad Advisor for follow-up advising. You can make appointments with them through Canvas.
- Please note that there is no guarantee that students who apply to SU-Sponsored and Exchange programs for an entire academic year will be approved that length of time. Talk to your Education Abroad Advisor for more information about this.
5. Complete Required Pre-Departure Paperwork and Orientation