Let's Get Started!
The Education Abroad Office offers advising services to help guide you in finding a program that best suits your financial, personal, and academic goals. Wondering how to get started? Below are simple steps to begin your study abroad process!
The Next Steps to Studying Abroad
1. Attend an Information Session at the Education Abroad Office (EAO)
Schedule Information Session
- Reserve your spot for an information session
- Information sessions offered Monday - Friday
- Learn about the types of programs offered, transferring credits, and financial aid
- Students must attend an info session before initially meeting with an advisor
2. Schedule an Appointment to attend a Initial Group Advising Appointment with your Education Abroad Advisor
Schedule Initial Group Advising Appointment
- Learn more in depth on program searches, financial planning, academic planning, and additional resources to narrow down program choice.
- Meet other students planning on going abroad
- Prior to your appointment complete the Education Abroad Planning Worksheet (your first appointment only)
- Bring your Program Evaluation on the day of the appointment (your first appointment only)
3. Schedule a 1:1 Appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor
Schedule 1:1 Appointment
- Receive 1:1 assistance with your program discernment and your specific hesitations/questions after completing Steps 1 & 2 above.
*Please note that the Education Abroad Office cannot guarantee that students who apply for an academic year for SU-Sponsored and Exchange programs will be approved for the entire academic year. Consult with your Education Abroad Advisor for more options.
6. Complete Required Pre-Departure Paperwork and Orientation
How to make an appointment
You can make your appointment online:
- Sign into Office Bookings using your SU username and password.
- Select your appointment type and preferred date and time.
- Add your details and under "Notes" write a description of why you are making the appointment