Let's Get Started!
The Education Abroad Office offers advising services to help guide you in finding a program that best suits your financial, personal, and academic goals. Wondering how to get started? Below are simple steps to begin your study abroad process!
The Five Steps to Studying Abroad
1. Attend an Information Session at the Education Abroad Office (EAO)
- Call 206-296-2226, email email@example.com, or visit PAVL 124 to reserve your spot for an information session.
- Information sessions offered Monday - Friday
- Learn about the types of programs offered, transferring credits, and financial aid
- Students must attend an info session before initially meeting with an advisor
2. Schedule an Appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor
- Receive 1:1 assistance with your program exploration
- Prior to your appointment complete the Education Abroad Planning Worksheet on Horizons in Surveys
- Bring your Program Evaluation on the day of the appointment
3. Explore Programs
4. Apply to your Program
*Please note that the Education Abroad Office cannot guarantee that students who apply for an academic year for SU-Sponsored and Exchange programs will be approved for the entire academic year. Consult with your Education Abroad Advisor for more options.
5. Complete Required Pre-Departure Paperwork and Orientation
How to make an appointment
Education Abroad Advisors are available to meet with you by appointment.
- For first time advising, make sure you've attended an Information Session. You should plan for a 30 minute advising appointment.
- For continued advising, you can utilize advising appointment times or drop-in advising hours on a first come first serve basis.
You can make your appointment online:
- Click: https://seattleuniversity.starfishsolutions.com/starfish-ops/support/login.html
- Sign into Starfish using your SU username and password.
- Click on "Schedule a Meeting" on your home page - this will take you to a screen showing your "Success Network."
- Scroll through your "Success Network" to find your Education Abroad Advisor. Click the "See Available Appointments" link next to your advisor.
- Use the mini-calendar to select the day you'd like to schedule your appointment for - dates that show as BOLD indicate there are available time slots. Click on the sign up button next to an available block of time. Try different days if you don't see any available time slots.
- On the next screen, select the "Reason for the Appointment" and write a description of why you are making the appointment - click submit and you're done! Don't forget to show up on the day/time of your appointment!