Financial Aid

Students who receive aid of any kind are encouraged to meet with Student Financial Services to discuss their study abroad plans. A budget worksheet is provided below to assist students with estimating costs for their time abroad. It is to be completed and signed by the Education Abroad Office before visiting Student Financial Services.

How much financial aid will apply? 

SU Faculty-Led, Exchanges, and Sponsored Programs allow full financial aid portability of all SU institutional grants and/or scholarships, state and federal aid and most external scholarships.

Non-SU programs allow only state and federal aid portability. Some programs offer additional scholarships.

Power of Attorney

It is recommended that students designate a Power of Attorney while they are abroad. A Power or Attorney (POA) form is needed when a student is not available to sign paper checks (loans, scholarships, grants) or other financial aid documents due to participation in a study abroad program.  Therefore, a student must designate someone to sign in their absence. Students must complete the following Third-Party Access to their SU Educational Record.

International Program Budget Templates