Add Courses

Check Holds

View any holds on your account by logging on to SU Online and selecting Check Holds from the Student Menu or if using MySeattleU, holds will appear in the top-right corner of the Student Planning page. 

If you have a financial hold, contact Student Financial Services (206-220-8020) to pay your bill. If you have an advising hold, you must make an appointment to see your advisor before you can register. The name of your advisor is listed on SU Online under My Profile.


Register for courses using SU Online

  • Under Register for Classes select the current term and enter a Subject, School or Department.
  • A list of courses will appear select the course you would like to register for.
  • The Manage Classes screen will appear and under action select Register, accept the agreement and Submit.
  • To verify that you have been registered for the approved course select View Class Schedule on SU Online.

Register for courses using Student Planning

  • Log in to MySeattleU and select Student Planning.
  • Select Go to Plan & Schedule and use the arrows to move to the term you are trying to register for.
  • Courses you preplanned will appear on the left-hand side (please see Getting Started- Student Planning for Students for how to plan courses). Next, select the desired section under each course.
  • Once sections have been selected, read the "Terms and Conditions of Registration", then click the blue Accept Terms & Register Now button at the top of your calendar to register for all chosen sections.

Online Courses


  • Online Synchronous: Class meets virtually online at regularly scheduled times.
  • Online Asynchronous: Class is online but does not meet at regularly scheduled times.  
  • Hybrid: Class meets online with some in-person meeting times on campus.

Searching for Courses

To search for online sections of a course using Student Planning, filter your search results under "Instruction Type"


Independent Study, Directed Study, Internships 

To register for an independent student, directed study, or internship:

Registration Time

Approximately two weeks before registration begins, you will be assigned a registration time and notified via your SU e-mail account.

We welcome registration time feedback with our Registration Time Survey


Only the department can verify and manually override this information. Please contact them directly.

Course Overload

Students who have a sophomore standing or above with a minimum of 3.50 CUM GPA, may take up to 20 credits per quarter. Permission to take more than 20 credits is granted by the Associate Dean or Undergraduate Director using the Registration Change- Petition to the Dean.

Core Registration

On the first day of the quarter and during pre-registration, the Core Office runs extended office hours to assist students with getting into closed Core classes and finding appropriate alternatives. They are located in ADMN 120. At all other times, visit the advising center in the college of your major where staff can assist you with UCOR course planning and registration.