The Arts and Sciences Advising Center (ASAC) is a centralized advising office that provides developmental academic advising and educational assistance to undergraduate and graduate students and faculty and staff in the College of Arts and Sciences. It is staffed by professional academic advisors who are available on a drop-in basis and for scheduled appointments.
The ASAC is dedicated to the holistic academic and professional formation of current and prospective students through academic advising and promotion of academic excellence. ASAC staff are dedicated to helping students identify and celebrate their own educational and personal skills and abilities. ASAC staff work to solve problems, provide navigational guidance, and build connections for students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
ASAC staff aspire to:
- Create an office where students can share their experiences and know that they are not alone.
- Adapt to the intersectional and changeable identities and needs of the different constituencies that we serve.
- Model accountability, honesty, and humility and teach students, faculty, and staff how to effectively navigate Seattle University.
- Create a community of care and a friendly environment.
- Help students learn more about themselves – personally, academically, and professionally – so that they can get the most out of their educational experience and are prepared for the rest of their lives.
- Be innovative, creative, and at the frontier of best practices in academic advising.
- We care about students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- We affirm student experiences.
- We lead towards justice, helping our community overcome barriers to their educational and personal growth.
- We challenge injustice and work to dismantle systems of oppression.
- We advocate for change to improve the educational and personal experience of students, faculty, and staff.