Release of Information
If you would like Seattle University to discuss specific elements of your academic record with a third party, such as your parent(s), the Release of Information (ROI) process may be the right choice for you.
- By filling out the Release of Information (ROI) form, you give Seattle University permission to discuss the following specific information from your student record with the person(s) you identify on the form.
- program(s) of study
- attendance (when tracked)
- enrolled classes
- academic standing
- class level
- The third party must provide your Seattle U ID number when requesting information.
- Enrollment verifications and official/unofficial transcripts will not be released to a third party without your written permission and are not a part of this process.
- You may revoke authorizations for release of information at any time by contacting the Office of the Registrar.
Online access to your grades by a third party is now available in SU Online.
Students have the ability to designate a third party as a “proxy” with the ability to log in to view their financial aid information or speak to Student Financial Services. Students wishing to grant this access should do the following:
- Log in to SU Online
- Navigate to the Students menu
- Under Financial Aid, select Financial Aid Self Service Portal
- Select your username at the top right of the screen, and then View/Add Proxy Access from the drop-down menu
- Follow the directions on the screen to “add a proxy,” making sure to choose the types of access you wish to grant
- Read the disclosure agreement and select the box if you agree to the terms
- Click Save
The person designated as a Proxy for financial aid information will receive two emails – one with instructions on how to complete the set-up process and another with a temporary password. If speaking with Seattle University about your financial aid information, they will be required to provide your Seattle U ID number as a security measure.
For questions regarding Academic Records please contact, the Office of the Registrar at 206.220.8030 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding Financial Aid Information please contact, Student Financial Services at 206.220.8020 or email them at email@example.com
Third Party Proxy Instruction Guide