CON Advising seeks to engage students in the whole university experience: to empower students to make decisions about their academic, personal and professional pathways, and to encourage students to develop strong personal connections within the university community.
- Mapping out your program of study
- Course selection and registration
- Career discernment and planning
- Study abroad exploration
Navigating Changes and Challenges
- Overcoming academic and personal difficulties
- Changes to your program of study
- Understanding university policies and procedures
Connecting to Resources
- Opportunities outside of the classroom
- Professional mentorship and networking
- Building relationships with faculty and students
- Be accountable (this is your experience)
- Think about your academic future
- Meet regularly with your advisor
- Come prepared to advising appointments
- Check SU email daily
- Know your degree requirements
- Know the rules (policies, procedures, deadlines)
Students in the College of Nursing are advised by professional or faculty advisors. Students are required to meet with their advisor at least once a quarter, during the Advising Period, prior to registration.
Who is my advisor?
To determine who your advisor is, first log in to mySeattleU
- Choose "Student Planning" from the menu
- Then select "Go to Plan & Schedule”
- From here, select the tab named “Enable Registration”
- Your advisor’s name and email is listed at the top of this page
Making an Advising Appointment
Advisors are available to meet with students through scheduled appointments. To set up an advising appointment, please email your assigned academic advisor.
For general advising questions and concerns, please contact CONadvising@seattleu.edu