The following tips and guidelines will help ensure a smoother application and review process. We recommend that before submitting your application, you:
- Familiarize yourself with the SU OneAegis system.
- Complete human participant research training prior to formalizing your methodology, so you're able to incorporate best practices in human subjects protections.
- Consider whether you will be working with special populations or in an international setting.
- Use IRB templates for your informed consent documents.
- Obtain necessary authorizations/permissions from sites (e.g., school principals/superintendents, church pastors, organization leaders, etc.) to include as PDFs with your submission. (Protocols lacking appropriate site permissions may not be submitted for review.)
- Review your submission in OneAegis before hitting "submit." (You can also download a copy of the submission at any time and review it offline.)
- Review all of your materials with your advisor if you are a student researcher.
- Remember that the e-submission system will accept only PDFs and ensure that your PDFs are clearly readable, straight, and of good quality.
- Email us with any questions.