Guidance for Doctor of Nursing Practice Students and Faculty Mentors
Prior to engaging in a DNP project that may need IRB oversight or consideration, carefully review the following tips, as well as the IRB/DNP flow chart below to determine what steps are required.
If your project needs further IRB consideration, complete the DNP IRB Application. [If you submit the IRB Application for Exemption, you will be instructed to resubmit using the correct DNP form.]
To avoid delays and returned applications:
- If your project has already gone through an institutional IRB process, send the SU IRB both the determination/email and your final approved application.
- Always download the latest version of the DNP Project submission form before completing.
- Before submitting your application to the SU IRB, double check for completeness and readability.
- Have you and your faculty mentor both signed the application? (Typed italic fonts will not be accepted.)
- Has your clinical supervisor or site liaison signed the form OR sent a permission email to the IRB (after reading your complete application)?
- Is the PDF of good quality? Is it right-side up, readable, and with pages in proper order?
- Submit only Word docs or PDFs. JPGs will not be accepted. The IRB will not open files provided as OneDrive or other links.
- Your DNP submission should clearly describe materials and processes. Do not include attachments other than an informed consent form (if applicable). We will request other materials if needed.
- CITI certificates are not required.
Always copy your faculty mentor on your submission and all IRB correspondence.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a PDF version of the DNP IRB Flow Chart PDF.