11/30/21 update: New expedited and full-board submissions will be processed and reviewed beginning in Winter quarter. Exemption and DNP applications will still be accepted, but due to exceptionally high volume, a determination might not occur until January.
Guidance for Doctor of Nursing Practice Students and Faculty Advisers
Prior to engaging in a DNP project that may need IRB oversight or consideration, carefully review the IRB/DNP flow chart below to determine what steps are required.
If your project will need further IRB consideration, complete the DNP IRB Application. [Last updated Sept. 2020]
To avoid delays and returned applications:
- If your project has already gone through an institutional IRB process, send the SU IRB both the determination/email and your final approved application.
- Always download the latest version of the DNP Project submission form before completing.
- Before submitting your application to the SU IRB, double check for completeness and readability.
- Have you and your faculty mentor both signed the application? (Typed italic fonts will not be accepted.)
- Has your clinical supervisor or site liaison signed the form OR sent a permission email to the IRB (after reading your complete application)?
- Is the PDF of good quality? Is it right-side up, readable, and with pages in proper order?
- Your DNP submission should clearly describe materials and processes. Do not include attachments other than an informed consent form (if applicable). We will request other materials if needed.
- CITI certificates are not required.
Always copy your faculty mentor on your submission and all IRB correspondence.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com. Copy your faculty adviser on all IRB correspondence.
Click here for a PDF version of the DNP IRB Flow Chart PDF.