Beginning July 1, researchers must submit all new studies via the SU OneAegis system using your SU credentials.
(If you have a currently open expedited or full-board protocol, you should continue to use traditional post-approval forms for Modification Requests, Continuing Review, etc.)
We hope to offer a streamlined, intuitive experience that balances the needs of our campus researchers with those of the administrative needs of the office and reviewers. We welcome your feedback to improve this online experience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need support.
Guidance for Doctor of Nursing Practice Students and Faculty Mentors
Before initiating a DNP project that may need an IRB determination, carefully review the following guidance, as well as the IRB/DNP flow chart below to determine required steps.
If your project needs further IRB consideration, complete the DNP IRB Application. [Do NOT submit the Application for Exemption, or you will be directed to resubmit with the correct DNP form.]
To avoid delays and returned applications:
- If another IRB or ethics board has reviewed your project, send the SU IRB both the determination/email and your final approved application with all corresponding materials.
- Always download the most recent DNP submission form before completing.
- Before submitting your application to the SU IRB, double check for completeness, accuracy, and readability.
- Have you and your faculty mentor signed the final application? (Typed signatures or italic fonts will not be accepted.)
- If applicable, has your clinical supervisor or site liaison read your completed application and signed the form OR sent a permission email to the IRB?
- Is the PDF of good quality? Is it right-side up, readable, with pages in proper order?
- Submit only Word docs or PDFs. JPGs will not be accepted. The IRB will not open files provided as OneDrive or other links.
- Your DNP submission should clearly describe materials and processes. Do not include attachments other than an informed consent form (if applicable). We will request other materials if needed. Exception: Provide the URL for any online surveys, so we may evaluate consent language and verify voluntary response progression.
- CITI certificates are not required.
Copy your faculty mentor on your submission and all IRB correspondence.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
Click here for a PDF version of the DNP IRB Flow Chart PDF.