Advising FAQ's


Where can I find more information on how to register for classes?
Visit our Registration Questions page for helpful answers. 

Who is my advisor? 
Your advisor’s name is available on SUOnline. Learn more about locating your advisor. 

Where can I read more about SU academic policies? 
The Office of the Registrar maintains all academic policies at SU. All policies are published on their website. 

I would like to begin mapping out my academic plan but I don’t know how to begin. 
There are a lot of resources available to help you begin drafting your Educational Plan. First, review the online resources. Next, create a Detailed Educational Planning Grid. And finally, meet with your academic advisor to review and revise your plan.

What is my program evaluation, and where can I find it?
The program evaluation is a personalized document that tracks how your academic coursework fulfills your specific degree requirements. More information on how to read a program evaluation can be found by downloading our How to Read Program Evaluations PDF.

What is the Core Curriculum? 
The Core is the academic “center of gravity” of a Seattle University undergraduate education. Deeply rooted in the 450 year old Jesuit educational tradition and emphasizing rigorous, intentional, and engaging courses, the University Core helps students understand the world deeply, develop strong intellectual skills, and prepare to be thoughtful and empowered leaders for a better world. 

How do I change my major or add a minor? 
Before changing your major we encourage you to explore the many academic programs offered at Seattle University. For suggestions on how to begin this research, visit our Major and Minor Selection site.

I’m interested in studying abroad—where do I start? 
The Education Abroad Office is your next stop. We encourage students to begin planning as early as possible, even one to two years in advance. 

Can I take classes at another college or university and transfer the credits back to SU? 
It may be possible. However, read carefully SU’s policies on transferring credit before making your decision. Required paperwork must be completed before you begin classes at another institution. 

Where can I find a tutor? 
Tutors are available to help you. Visit Learning Assistance to connect with tutors in language, psychology, math, sciences and other courses. 

If you are looking for assistance with writing, the Writing Center provides one-on-one writing tutoring.

If you need math assistance, consider visiting the Math Lab.

Non-native English speakers can utilize one-on-one tutoring in the ELCB Office



With Us