Why law school? Seems like a simple question, but how much thought have you really given it? After all, law school will be a costly and time-consuming three-year commitment (but rewarding if you are going for the right reasons!). If you're still exploring whether or not law school is right for you, consider the following:
- Conduct informational interviews with attorneys or individuals who work in other legal professions. Speak to individuals from a variety of disciplines and work environments.
- Attend live panel discussions where attorneys and law students describe their experiences.
- Participate in pre-law events at Seattle University.
- Get a summer job, internship, or volunteer at a law firm.
- Read as much as you can about law school and legal careers. Download this reading list and start reading.
- Visit a local law school, take a tour of the building(s), visit a class, and talk with current students. In the state of Washington, SU students and alumni are welcome to contact our local law schools.