The Outreach Center
Learn about The Outreach Center - the community and resource space committed to your success.
Some of the services & Initiatives offered include:
- Veteran Outreach Services Drop-In Hours (VA Benefits, VA Healthcare, DAV, and Wounded Warrior Project)
- SALUTE at SU: National Veterans Honor Society
- Military & Veteran Graduation Celebration
- and more!
Benefits & Service Opportunities
- DoD and VA one stop shop! Get your DD-214, insurance, health, education, disability and housing benefits and more.
- Guide to Online Military Student Resources
- This an online guidebook that provides financial information and options for veterans, as well as different associations and groups available for educational purposes.
- Information for those in the military, retired from the military, military veterans or those considering joining the military
- Team Rubicon
- Team Rubicon unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with medical professionals to rapidly deploy emergency response teams into crisis situations. The skills cultivated on battlefields – emergency medicine, risk assessment and mitigation, teamwork and decisive leadership – are invaluable in disaster zones. This organization was created by and for veterans to continue their service both domestically and internationally.
- Troops to Teachers
- A U.S. Department of Defense program that helps eligible military personnel begin a new career as teachers in public schools where their skills, knowledge and experience are most needed.
- Help with job searching and job placement after graduation