The following enhancements have recently been made to better prepare the Seattle University for an emergency:
- Blue Light Phones have the capability to broadcast emergency messages throughout campus.
- The SU homepage can prominently announce school closure and emergency information and will provide updated information through www.SeattleU.edu.
- The handbook, What to Do! Public Safety Emergency Guide has been distributed across campus and a digital copy can be downloaded updated SafetyBooklet.
- The Seattle Police Department's East Precinct led the university's Executive Team through an emergency tabletop exercise and an "active shooter" training activity.
- A newly formed Emergency Management Group, consisting of university leaders, meets weekly to review emergency protocols, procedures and systems.