Medical Emergency

What to Do

  • Report all campus medical emergencies to Public Safety at ext. 5911 or (206) 296-5911 or use one of the 'Blue Light' emergency phones located around campus.
  • Indicate your location, the nature of the medical problem, and your name.
  • Remain with the victim until campus security officers or emergency personnel arrive.
  • If you are trained, give first aid.
  • Be aware that Public Safety is equipped with AEDs (Automatic External Defibrillators) to assist heart attack victims.

What Not to Do

Do not move the victim unless there is an immediate threat to safety.