What to Do
Bomb threats are most commonly received by phone. A person receiving a telephoned bomb threat should:
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible.
- Write down all the information obtained. Ideally, take notes when the caller is talking. Refrain from speaking to anyone until your notes are complete.
- Notify Public Safety at ext. 5911 or (206) 296-5911.
For other types of bomb or suspicious situations:
- Check your work area for suspicious packages or bags; if found, do not touch. Report any suspicious objects to Public Safety.
- Evacuate immediately if a bomb is discovered before authorities arrive.
What Not to Do
- Do not assume a bomb threat is a prank. Assume it is real.
- Do not touch, move or cover a suspected bomb. Note its description, exact location and report it to authorities.
- Do not use two-way radios or cell phones in the area.