MSBA Application Timelines
- Students may enter the MSBA program once a year in Fall quarter.
- Full-time students can finish the program in one year; students taking classes part-time will typically take 24 months to complete the MSBA.
- MSBA application deadlines (Fall quarter start only):
- early review application deadline: January 20 (decision back by March 31)
- application deadline: July 20
Preparing to Apply for MSBA Program
- Attend an information session. We offer monthly information sessions in Seattle and Bellevue.
- Prepare and register for the GMAT or GRE.
Go to MBA.com for registration.
ConsiderAlbers GMAT Prep Class. Call (425) 451-0200 for more information.
Seattle University code number for GMAT and GRE scores are:
- GMAT: OTM-56-61
- GRE: 0856
- Complete the application.(online)
- Explore financial aid options. Go to Financing Your Education for more information.
MSBA Application Requirements
- Application Form and $55 fee. (The application fee is waived for SU students and alumni.)
- Resume. Professional work experience is not required for this program. However, remember to mention any relevant work, internship, and volunteer experiences. Uploaded to online application.
- A 300 word essay (uploaded to online application) on either one of these topics:
- the job you would like to have after graduating;
- a problem you would like to solve, or have already solved using analytical skills.
- Official GMAT or GRE test scores sent by the testing agency.
- Official Transcripts from undergraduate and any post-baccalaureate work. International transcripts will require an agency evaluation.
- Official English language proficiency test scores, if required. TOEFEL, IELTS, PTE, and MELAB accepted.
Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency regardless of English language studies, academic history, residence in the United States or other English-speaking countries and immigration status. However, graduate and post baccalaureate applicants who received a baccalaureate degree or higher from Seattle University or a recognized college or university in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand, or Australia, and who remain in a country where English is the primary language for at least two years after graduation will not be required to submit an English proficiency test score.
Please send all official transcripts and documents to:
901 12th Ave
PO Box 222000
Seattle, WA 98122-1090
MSBA Application Process
Albers School of Business and Economics MSBA applicants are accepted into the program on the basis of their entire history (GPA, GMAT or GRE scores, work experience, essay, and TOEFL scores, if required), considering each factor individually, and in combination, as part of the admissions process. When your application is entered into our computer system, a letter will be sent to you indicating what is needed to complete your application file. An admissions decision is issued via mail soon after that. Check your application status through your online application portal.
Applicants admitted to Seattle University will receive information regarding course registration at orientation.
MSBA Program Prerequisites
By the time classes start, MSBA students must have demonstrated competency in the following three areas:
- Computer programming
- Business Calculus
The prerequisites listed above can be waived if a similar course has been taken elsewhere with a grade of B- or better.
How to complete MSBA Program Prerequisites:
Students are required to finish all three prerequisites below before they enter the MSBA program. For example, if you wish to start the MSBA program in fall quarter, but you need any prerequisite classes, you must finish the prerequisite classes in summer quarter.
Download the MSBA Prerequisite document for online options for completing the prerequisites.
MSBA Tuition and Fees
$835 per credit. Tuition is the same for domestic or international students. The MSBA is a 45 credit program.
- $55 application fee (waived for SU student or alumni)
- $150 one time matriculation fee
- $140 technology fee per quarter
- $100 recreation fee per quarter