Advisors are available to meet with you by appointment, and also have periodic drop-in hours throughout the quarter. During your first year at SU, we require you to meet with us at least once a quarter but we encourage you to come in more often. Once you are in your second year, your advising process becomes more self-directed.
How to schedule an appointment with an Academic Pathways Advisor:
- From the Advising Staff page, click the “Schedule Appointment” link with the advisor you plan to meet with.
- Select your appointment type.
- Choose the day and time of your appointment. Days with available appointment times will be in bold.
- Make sure to add your details and provide additional information.
- Click “Book” and you’re done! Don’t forget to show up on the day/time of your appointment!
Common reasons to make an appointment with your advisor include:
- Getting connected to campus resources
- Checking in your academic progress
- Drafting an educational plan
- Considering withdrawal from a course
- Talking about possible majors
- Learning about the registration process