Thank you for expressing interest in having the Writing Center visit your class! To complete your request, please fill out the form below to the best of your ability. Please contact Hidy Basta at email@example.com for any additional questions or concerns.
Type of Visits:
- Info Session: Two consultants will come to your classroom or meet your class in the Writing Center to talk with your class about services the Writing Center offers. This is a brief discussion (10-20 minutes) depending on class participation and questions. This is a great opportunity to introduce the Writing Center to students and encourage them to visit the Writing Center.
- Small Group Workshop: Three to five consultants (depending on your class size) will either come to your class or meet you at the Writing Center. Your class will be divided into small groups where consultants can address questions, concerns, or a writing topic from a class assignment. Students can come in at all stages of the writing process—from brainstorming to drafts—all assignments are welcome. These workshops will take one hour. Please provide an assignment and additional class resources if applicable.
- Facilitated Peer Workshop: Three to five consultants (depending on your class size) will either come to your class or meet you at the Writing Center. Your class will be divided into small groups. From here, consultants will help students work in teams to facilitate peer feedback over an assignment. Please provide an assignment and additional class resources if applicable. Facilitated Peer Workshops can last up to 1 hour.
- Writing Topic Presentation: Two consultants will come to your class to give a presentation about a specific writing topic (e.g. thesis statements, organization, literature reviews, etc.). After the presentation, consultants will answer questions students have about the topic. Handouts can be provided, as well. Please provide an assignment and additional class resources if applicable. Writing Topic Presentations can last up to 30 minutes, depending on topic.
- Study Hall: Two to four consultants (depending on the size of your study hall/class) will come to your learning community to offer drop-in hours. The consultants will set up at a few tables and make themselves available to answer quick questions or direct students toward specific resources. This is great option for study halls because it allows the students to come and go as they work on writing assignments. Study halls can last up to two hours.