Grants for Undergraduates

Grants are funds that are not repaid. 

To be eligible for these grants, students must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Generally, grants are applied directly to a student's account. Some grants or scholarships may require the student to endorse a check before the Student Financial Services Office can apply the funds to the student's account. Student Financial Services will notify the student at his or her Seattle University e-mail address when a check is received that requires the student's endorsement.

Grants at Seattle University include the following:

Federal Grants

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

State Grants

  • Washington State Need Grant
  • BEGINNING IN 2014-15:  Students who are not eligible to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to their immigration status may still be eligible to apply for a Washington State Need Grant by completing the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).  For more information, go to

Institutional Grants

  • Seattle University Grants

ROTC Grants

Students participating in Army, Air Force, or Navy ROTC may receive ROTC grants.

FAFSA Filing Tips

  • Select the correct version of the FAFSA to complete.
  • Sign your FAFSA. The quickest way is to create and use an FSA ID ... a user name and password that let you sign your FAFSA electronically. You can apply for a new FSA ID on-line.  Remember: a dependent student's FAFSA requires that both the student and one parent listed on the FAFSA have an FSA ID to sign the FAFSA electronically.
  • Meet the Seattle University February 1 priority funding deadline.
  • Use prior year tax return data or IRD Data Retrieval option to complete FAFSA.  
  • FAFSA RESULTS. If you provide your e-mail address on the FAFSA, you will receive an e-mail acknowledgement telling you how to access your Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR lists the results of your FAFSA processing.