Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)

Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA)


Health & Emergency

Washington Basic Health Care Plan

1220 Eastside SE, PO Box 9014
Olympia, WA 98504
Toll Free: +1-800-826-2444
For people under age 65 who do not qualify for Medicare and are low income. Covers doctor care, hospital care, lab and emergency care.

Medicaid (through SSI)

Toll Free: +1-800-772-1213
TTY: +1-800-325-0778
Youth with disabilities may qualify for SSI at age 18 and therefore receive Medicaid based on their income (not parents) and disability. Medicaid pays for mandatory health services. In Washington, it also covers optional services.

Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities (HWD)

Toll Free: +1-866-272-7630
HWD is a Medicaid buy-in program for people with disabilities who work. The worker pays a small monthly fee (premium) based on his/her income.

Regional Support Networks -- County Mental Health Crisis Lines Mental Health Division

PO Box 45320
Olympia WA 98504-5320
Phone: +1-360-902-8070

The Department of Social and Health Services provides care and treatment for people with severe and recurring mental illnesses and children with serious emotional disturbance and the families, operates a crisis response system for all of Washington's citizens, regulates the individuals that provide mental health services and develops mental health policy for all providers. County government agencies and 145 private and non-profit organizations, supported by state and federal money, provide treatment for most of Washington's children with mental illnesses. The agencies are organized into 14 Regional Support Networks.

Island Hospital

1211 24th Street
Anacortes, WA 98221
Phone: +1-360-299-1300

PeaceHealth United General Hospital

2000 Hospital Drive
Sedro Woolley, WA 98284
Phone: +1-360-856-6021

Sea Mar Community Health Center

1400 N. LaVenture Road
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: +1-360-428-4075
Provides health & mental health care for low-income people, seasonal workers and homeless people. Bilingual/Bicultural staff (Spanish).

Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services

Phone: +1-360-336-9591 (Office)
Toll Free: +1-800-726-6010 (Crisis Line)
Serves victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.

Dental Van -- Skagit Community Action Agency

330 Pacific Place
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: +1-360-416-7585
Provides emergency dental care for low-income adults without dental insurance. Makes monthly Skagit County visits to Mt Vernon, Anacortes and Sedro-Woolley. Appointment needed.

Friendship House -- Emergency Shelter

1008 S. Third Street
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: +1-360-336-2135
Provides temporary housing for men, women and children.

Sea Mar Food Bank

2500 E College Way, #100
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: +1-360-428-8912
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00AM - 12:00Noon, 1:00PM - 5:00PM

Salvation Army Food Pantry

3001 R Avenue
Anacortes, WA 98221
Phone: +1-360-293-6682
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 1:00PM - 4:00PM. Emergency food available anytime.

Return to top


Common Ground

110 Prefontaine Place S #504
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: +1-206-461-4500
Non-profit consulting firm specializing in low-income and special needs housing development. Their mission is to create and preserve decent housing for people with low income and special needs throughout Washington State.

Anacortes Housing Authority

719 Q Avenue
Anacortes, WA 98221
Phone: +1-360-293-7831
Provides information about low-income housing for seniors and people with disabilities.

Sea Mar Community Health Center -- Homeless Program

2500 E College Way #100
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: +1-360-428-8912
Assists with clothing and food. Provides referrals for temporary housing. Message phone answered in English and Spanish.

Housing Authority of Skagit County

2021 E College Way #101
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: +1-360-428-1959
Provides information about location and availability of low-income housing.

Sedro-Woolley Housing Authority

830 Township
Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
Phone: +1-360-855-0404
Provides information about location and availability of low-income housing. Open Wednesdays.

Return to top

Postsecondary Education

Bellingham Technical College


Cascadia Community College


Skagit Valley College


Western Washington University


Job Corps


Return to top

Recreation & Leisure

Special Olympics

Toll Free: +1-800-752-7559
Provides training & competition opportunities for developmentally disabled youth in 19 Olympic style sports, including aquatics, athletics, bowling, gymnastics, soccer, etc.

Skagit Valley Family YMCA

215 East Fulton
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: +1-360-336-9622
The Skagit Valley YMCA is a charitable organization dedicated to building a healthy spirit, mind and body. Provides programs and activities for individuals and families. Facilities include a gymnasium, strength training room and a six lane pool.

Camp Fire USA Samish Council

2217 Woburn Street
Bellingham, WA 98229
Phone: +1-360-733-5710
Serves boys and girls, welcoming everyone regardless of race, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation or other aspect of diversity. Programs are designed to develop self-esteem, decision-making skills, responsibility to self and community and outdoor skills.

Boy Scouts of America -- Mt Baker Council

Everett Service Center
1715 100th Place SE
Everett, WA 98208
Phone: +1-425-338-0380

Bellingham Service Center

3313 Meridian
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: +1-360-734-3940

Girl Scout -- Totem Council

7100 Evergreen Way Suite C
Everett, WA 98203
Phone: +1-425-348-6244
Toll Free: +1-877-822-9435

Return to top 


DSHS Medical Coupon Transportation

Toll Free: +1-800-925-5438
If a person is unable to use public transportation and has a medical emergency, they may use medical coupons to pay for a taxi or cabulance prior approval necessary.

Skagit Transit (SKAT) -- Transit & Paratransit Service

600 County Shop Lane
Burlington, WA 98233
Phone: +1-360-299-2424 (Anacortes) ; +1-360-757-4433 (Burlington)
Regular bus service & Dial-a-Ride (paratransit) service throughout County. Call for schedules and information. Dial-a-Ride participants must complete application. ACCESS Pass enables low-income persons to ride without fare.

Parking Permits (for people with disabilities) -- Skagit County Auditor's Office

Admin. Bldg., Second & Kincaid, 2nd Floor
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: +1-360-336-9348
Call or stop for application. Doctor must approve.

Return to top