Earn your teaching credential with your bachelor's degree
Major in Interdisciplinary Liberal Studies (IDLS) with a specialization in Elementary Education (K-8). This enables you to:
- Earn a bachelor's degree from one of the top-rated programs in the nation
- Earn a Washington state elementary (K-8) teaching credential
- Earn an English Language Learner (ELL) endorsement
- Get over 700 hours of field work in classrooms, beginning in your first year
- Options for transfer students
To learn more, visit the IDLS elementary education page.
Bachelor's in Humanities for Teaching with Elementary Education Specialization (K-8). This focus includes:
- Core courses in composition, socio-cultural transformation, perspectives on the person, and an in-depth look at poverty
- A humanities focus that helps students engage in social, political and global issues
- Content in developmental psychology, instruction and assessment practices for math, science, literacy and social studies
- An English Language Learner (ELL) endorsement
- More than 700 hours of field work in classrooms
To learn more, visit the Matteo Ricci Humanities for Teaching degree page.