Seattle University is pleased to offer the opportunity for direct entry for highly qualified applicants to our majors at the time of admission. Due to the cohort nature of Seattle University's Diagnostic Ultrasound program, freshmen have the opportunity to be reviewed for both the 4-Year Program and the 2-Year Transfer Program. Spaces for Running Start applicants to the 2-Year Transfer program are very limited.
Those that will enter Seattle University's Diagnostic Ultrasound program with advanced credit, from Washington State Running Start or other similar programs, can be considered for both cohorts:
- 4-year program: regardless of advanced credit standing, admitted Diagnostic Ultrasound students would start in the first-year cohort, complete Core Curriculum, and Diagnostic Ultrasound prerequisite courses, and begin Diagnostic Ultrasound sequencing at the end of sophomore year. Students with advanced credit should work closely with their departmental advisor to make an academic plan.
- 2 -year program: students who have completed a along with all prerequisite through Running Start can be considered for the junior year cohort.
*Running Start students interested in being considered for the 2-Year Program must contact their .
Running Start students who would like to be considered for the 2-Year Transfer Cohort must:
- Apply to Seattle University as a first-year applicant by the January 15th Regular Decision Deadline
- Complete a Diagnostic Ultrasound Supplemental application by the Januray 15 Transfer Diagnostic Ultrasound Deadline
- Applicants will receive instructions to set up a Seattle University application portal once they have submitted the Common Application.
Competitive applicants will be considered for the transfer cohort. Applicants who are not admitted to the transfer cohort will be automatically considered for the 4 Year program and will be notified of their admission in early March.