how to apply
Are you interested in becoming a Scholar?
Do you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the program?
- I am highly motivated to attend and succeed in college.
- I will be between 17-25 years old on March 31 of the application year.
- I am currently a dependent youth in state, tribal, or federally recognized foster care OR I aged out of state, tribal, or federally recognized care.
- I completed the FAFSA and qualify as "Independent Student Status" under federal financial aid guidelines.
- I am currently residing in Washington State.
- I have been offered admission or I am awaiting notification of admission to Seattle University as either a freshman or transfer student to begin in fall quarter. Note: fall quarter applicants will receive priority, however in some rare circumstances winter quarter applications will be considered.
Are you open to receiving the support offered by Fostering Scholars program staff and others at Seattle University?
Do you have the personal desire and discipline to be a successful college student and to persist towards your educational and career goals?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then you are encouraged to apply to become a Scholar at Seattle University - check back in January for a link to our 2019 application!
Please contact the Fostering Scholars Program at (206) 296-2260 or email program staff at email@example.com for additional information.