Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)

Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA)


Health & Emergency

Washington Basic Health Care Plan

1220 Eastside SE PO Box 9014
Olympia, WA 98504
Toll Free: +1-800-826-2444
For people under age 65 who do not qualify for Medicare and are low income; covers doctor care, hospital care, lab and emergency care.

Medicaid (through SSI)

Toll Free: +1-800-772-1213
TTY: +1-800-325-0778
Youth with disabilities may qualify for SSI at age 18 and therefore receive Medicaid based on the individual's income (not parents) and disability. Medicaid pays for mandatory health services. In Washington, it also covers optional services.

Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities (HWD)

Phone: +1-866-272-7630

HWD is a Medicaid buy-in program for people with disabilities who work. The worker pays a small monthly fee (premium) based on his/her income.

Regional Support Networks -- County Mental Health Crisis Lines Mental Health Division

PO Box 45320
Olympia WA 98504-5320
Phone: +1-360-902-8070

The Department of Social and Health Services provides care and treatment for people with severe and recurring mental illnesses and children with serious emotional disturbance and the families, operates a crisis response system for all of Washington's citizens, regulates the individuals that provide mental health services and develops mental health policy for all providers. County government agencies and 145 private and non-profit organizations, supported by state and federal money, provide treatment for most of Washington's children with mental illnesses. The agencies are organized into 14 Regional Support Networks.

St. John's Medical Center

1614 East Kessler Blvd
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-423-1530

Family Health Center

1057 12th Avenue
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-636-3892
All Age Primary Care--Holistic Health Care Approach provides treatment for acute & chronic illnesses, Well Baby & Healthy Kids check ups, immunizations, and women's health exams. We have WIC & First Step Services. Most insurances are accepted; a sliding fee scale is available. We also speak Spanish.
Hours: Mon-Sat: 8:00AM-7:00PM

Domestic Violence Hotline

Toll Free: +1-800-562-6025

Lower Columbia Community Action Council (CAP) Emergency Services

1526 Commerce Avenue / PO Box 2129
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-425-3430 ; +1-360-423-3682
Toll Free: +1-800-833-6388
CAP's Emergency Services includes HELP Warehouse, which collects & distributes food to local food banks and provides USDA commodities to punch card holders. The warehouse often has firewood, clothing and household items for low-income families at no charge. Emergency Services has limited funding available for emergency shelter and a variety of other one-time needs.

Lower Columbia Mental Health Center

1538 11th Avenue
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-423-0203
24-hour Emergency Services are available seven days a week for individuals and families in distress. These services are free of charge.


PO Box 135
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-636-1100
Temporary Emergency Assistance is available for the following items: Food, Clothing, Dental, Medical, Prescriptions, Transportation, Electric/Gas/Water Bills, Shelter, Household, Personal and Job. Call 9:00AM-Noon for Food Emergency assistance. Call 1:00PM-4:00PM for all Other Emergency assistance.

St Vincent De Paul

2551 Colorado Street
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-423-9062
St Vincent De Paul is an organization that helps low-income and homeless people with boxed food.

Emergency Support Shelter

309 SW 1st Avenue
Kelso, WA 98626
Phone: +1-360-425-1176
Emergency shelter is available for battered women and children on a 24-hour basis. Counseling is available to help women deal with emotional, physical, verbal and sexual abuse.

Return to top


Common Ground

110 Prefontaine Place S #504
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: +1-206-461-4500
Non-profit consulting firm specializing in low-income and special needs housing development. Their mission is to create and preserve decent housing for people with low income and special needs throughout Washington State.

Kalama Housing Authority

226 Cloverdale Road
Kalama, WA 98625
Phone: +1-360-673-3444

Kelso Housing Authority

1415 South 10th
Kelso, WA 98626
Phone: +1-360-423-3490

Longview Housing Authority

1207 Commerce
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-423-0140
Toll Free: +1-800-833-6388


PO Box 135
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-636-1100
Temporary Emergency Assistance is available for Shelter, Food, Clothing, Dental, Medical, Prescriptions and Transportation.

Return to top

Postsecondary Education

Clark College


Lower Columbia College


Washington State University -- Vancouver Campus


Job Corps


Return to top

Recreation & Leisure

Special Olympics

Toll Free: +1-800-752-7559
Provides training & competition opportunities for developmentally disabled youth in 19 Olympic style sports, including aquatics, athletics, bowling, gymnastics, soccer, etc.


15th & Douglas
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-423-4770
Swim for Rehabilitation Open for all ages. Staff works closely with participants and their doctors, using water to increase mobility, strengthen muscle tone and improve range of motion. This program also provides social activity and increases a sense of self-worth. Classes meet Tues and Thurs. Call the YMCA for information or times and fees.

Longview & Kelso Parks and Recreation

2920 Douglas Street
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-577-3345

Offers a range of social, leisure, recreational and educational activities and programs targeted toward special needs populations, at little or no cost to the consumer. Among the most popular with the DD community are the dances and the Saturday Night Social Club, a safe, supervised gathering place for groups and individuals. The Parks & Recreation Dept serves an estimated 150 individuals with developmental disabilities on a regular basis, among its estimated 350+ member special needs consumer base. Seventy-five individuals are involved in Special Olympic activities.

4-H WSU Cooperative Extension

207 4th Avenue N, Room 10
Kelso, WA 98626-4214
Phone: +1-360-423-9986

Boy Scouts of America-Cascade Pacific Council

2145 SW Front Avenue
Portland, OR 97201
Phone: +1-503-225-5756

Return to top 


DSHS Medical Coupon Transportation

Toll Free: +1-800-925-5438
If a person is unable to use public transportation and has a medical emergency, they may use medical coupons to pay for a taxi or cabulance prior approval necessary.

Community Urban Bus Service (CUBS)

1135 12th Avenue
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-577-3399 ; +1-360-414-1255 (para-transit, disabled services)
CUBS is committed to providing safe, reliable and courteous service. The Cowlitz Transit Authority make policy decisions on fares, and service levels. Call for schedule of routes and prices. To access CUBS Para transit call (360) 414-1255. Para Transit is available for disabled persons in the cities and rural areas of Cowlitz County.

Peace Health Transportation Service

Phone: +1-360-414-7839
Toll Free: +1-800-438-7562 (ext 7839)
We can arrange to drive you to and from St John Medical Center or PeaceHealth Medical Group for your appointments; and it's free.

Lower Columbia Community Action Council (CAP)

PO Box 2129
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-425-3430
Toll Free: +1-800-833-6388
The Transportation Program provides door-to-door services by the CAP Van. Paratransit is available for seniors and disabled persons in the cities and rural areas of Cowlitz County.

FISH -- Emergency Transportation

PO Box 135
Longview, WA 98632
Phone: +1-360-636-1100

Medical Transportation Services

Phone: +1-800-752-9422
This service is offered to individuals who have valid Washington State Medical Coupons ONLY. Arranges for transport to medical appointments for individuals who are unable to find a ride. Please call at least 48 hours prior to appointment to ensure a driver can be found.

Return to top