Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)

Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA)


Health & Emergency

Washington Basic Health Care Plan

1220 Eastside SE, PO Box 9014
Olympia, WA 98504
Toll Free: +1-800-826-2444
For people under age 65 who do not qualify for Medicare and are low income. Covers doctor care, hospital care, lab and emergency care.

Medicaid (through SSI)

Toll Free: +1-800-772-1213
TTY: +1-800-325-0778
Youth with disabilities may qualify for SSI at age 18 and therefore receive Medicaid based on their income (not parents) and disability. Medicaid pays for mandatory health services. In Washington, it also covers optional services.

Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities (HWD)

Toll Free: +1-866-272-7630
HWD is a Medicaid buy-in program for people with disabilities who work. The worker pays a small monthly fee (premium) based on his/her income.

Regional Support Networks -- County Mental Health Crisis Lines Mental Health Division

PO Box 45320
Olympia WA 98504-5320
Phone: +1-360-902-8070

The Department of Social and Health Services provides care and treatment for people with severe and recurring mental illnesses and children with serious emotional disturbance and the families, operates a crisis response system for all of Washington's citizens, regulates the individuals that provide mental health services and develops mental health policy for all providers. County government agencies and 145 private and non-profit organizations, supported by state and federal money, provide treatment for most of Washington's children with mental illnesses. The agencies are organized into 14 Regional Support Networks.

Snohomish County Health District

3020 Rucker Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
Phone: +1-425-339-5210
Provides immunization, nutrition programs, maternal and child health care, family planning, STDs, food safety, disease and injury prevention. Promoting health care access.

The Arc -- Medical And Dental Grant

Phone: +1-425-258-2459
Financial assistance for procedures and/or prescriptions for City of Everett residents.

Children's Country Home

Phone: +1-425-806-8074
Eight bed residential facility that provides residential, transitional, respite and end of life care for children ages birth-18. Located in Woodinville.

Community Health Center of Snohomish County

Phone: +1-425-388-8323
Provides medical and dental services to low income and uninsured families in Snohomish County.

Medicaid Personal Care

Phone: +1-425-339-4833
Toll Free: +1-800-788-2053
In-home assistance for personal care needs related to medical issues and disabilities. This is a DSHS program for individuals who receive Medicaid. Call DDA case manager.

APN Access Line

Toll Free: +1-888-693-7200
Call to connect to Mental Health services.

Crisis Intervention Services

Phone: +1-425-258-4357
Toll Free: +1-800-584-3578
Information, referral and intervention services for adults and children in mental health crisis. Care Crisis Line/Volunteers of America.

Dental Education in the Care of Persons with Disabilities (DECOD) 

Phone: +1-206-543-4619
Dental care for individuals with disabilities. University of Washington Dental School.

Return to top


Common Ground

110 Prefontaine Pl. S. #504
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: +1-206-461-4500
Nonprofit consulting firm specializing in low-income and special needs housing development. Their mission is to create and preserve decent housing for people with low income and special needs throughout Washington State.

The Arc Housing Program

Phone: +1-425-258-2459
Support individuals in locating housing and with landlord-tenant mediation.

Division of Developmental Disabilities

Phone: +1-425-339-4833
Contact your DD case manager for housing options such as Adult Family Homes, boarding homes and residential support.

Housing Authority of Everett

Phone: +1-425-258-9222
Provides low-income housing assistance in the Everett area.

Housing Authority of Snohomish County

Phone: +1-425-290-8499
Provides low-income housing assistance for individuals living in Snohomish County.

Home of Your Own

Phone: +1-425-347-3149
A project to educate and assist individuals with disabilities in managing the process of finding property, obtaining a home loan and purchasing a home. Forrest Wetzl.

Housing Hope

Phone: +1-425-347-6556
Supports families transitioning from emergency shelter to transitional housing and on to permanent housing.

Pathways for Women

Phone: +1-425-774-9843
Provides shelter for homeless single parent families. Counseling on sliding scale fee and employment readiness as well as limited financial aid for rent.

Medicaid Personal Care Services

Phone: +1-425-339-4833
In-home assistance with personal care for Medicaid eligible participants. Call DDA case manager for more information and Personal Care providers and agencies.

RAMP -- Regional Access Mobility Program

Phone: +1-425-775-9742
Provides access ramps which allow individuals to live in the home of their choosing. Jerry Otis.

Return to top

Postsecondary Education

Cascadia Community College


Edmonds Community College


Everett Community College


Lake Washington Technical College


North Seattle Community College


Renton Technical College


Seattle Pacific University


Seattle University


Skagit Valley College


University of Washington


Job Corps


Return to top

Recreation & Leisure

Special Olympics

Phone: +1-425-771-4644
Toll Free: +1-888-260-8811
Provides training and competition opportunities for developmentally disabled youth in 19 Olympic-style sports, including aquatics, athletics, bowling, gymnastics, soccer, etc.

Snohomish County Parks and Recreation

Phone: +1-425-258-9211
Provides parks and recreational programs for individuals in Snohomish County.

Creative Arts for Life

Phone: +1-425-257-8300
Weekly Inclusive Art Program through Everett Parks and Recreation.


Phone: +1-425-337-1137
Provides therapeutic horseback riding lessons for children and adults. Located in Snohomish.

Sundial Special Vacations, Inc.

2609 Hwy. 101 North
Seaside, OR 97138
Toll Free: +1-800-547-9198
Has been providing excursions for developmentally disabled adults since 1968.

Ski For All

Phone: +1-425-481-3973
Recreation programs for people with disabilities. Includes cycling, fishing, hiking, river rafting, water skiing, in line skating and jet skiing.


Phone: +1-425-258-2459
Dance to popular music provided by a disc jockey every third Tuesday of the month from 7:00PM - 9:00PM at Forest Park in Floral Hall, Everett.

Trips INC -- Special Adventures

Toll Free: +1-800-686-1013
Provides travel outings for people with various abilities in a safe, respectful and fun atmosphere. Trips are designed for people with developmental disabilities and other disabilities.

Return to top


DSHS Medical Coupon Transportation

Toll Free: +1-800-925-5438
If a person is unable to use public transportation and has a medical emergency, they may use medical coupons to pay for a taxi or cabulance. Prior approval necessary.

Community Transit

Phone: +1-425-353-7433
Toll Free: +1-800-562-1375
Provides public transportation in Snohomish County.

DART/Senior Services

Phone: +1-425-347-5912
Provides door-to-door transportation to the elderly and disabled who are unable to use regular bus services in Snohomish County.

Everett Para Transit System

Phone: +1-425-257-8801
Provides door-to-door transportation to individuals unable to use regular bus services who live within Everett city limits.

Transportation Assistance Program (TAP)

Phone: +1-425-423-8517
Provides transportation for seniors/disabled who live outside of DART.

Travel Training Program

Phone: +1-425-347-3149 (ext. 217)
Community Transit contracts with Sunrise Services to provide free travel-training program. For customers who are interested in learning how to use fixed-route bus system. Training is tailored to meet individual needs. Tony Mull.

Catholic Community Services

Phone: +1-425-257-2111
Volunteer programs which provide limited transportation to medical appointments for the elderly and disabled.

Medical Assistance Transportation

Phone: +1-425-388-7267
Toll Free: +1-800-794-8818
Arranges bus, taxi, van or wheelchair transportation to medical appointments and hospital emergency rooms, or reimburse mileage for Medicaid recipients.

Return to top