Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)

Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA)


Health & Emergency

Washington Basic Health Care Plan

1220 Eastside SE, PO Box 9014
Olympia, WA 98504
Toll Free: +1-800-826-2444
For people under age 65 who do not qualify for Medicare and are low income. Covers doctor care, hospital care, lab and emergency care.

Medicaid (through SSI)

Toll Free: +1-800-772-1213
TTY: +1-800-325-0778
Youth with disabilities may qualify for SSI at age 18 and therefore receive Medicaid based on their income (not parents) and disability. Medicaid pays for mandatory health services. In Washington, it also covers optional services.

Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities (HWD)

Toll Free: +1-866-272-7630
HWD is a Medicaid buy-in program for people with disabilities who work. The worker pays a small monthly fee (premium) based on his/her income.

Regional Support Networks -- County Mental Health Crisis Lines Mental Health Division

PO Box 45320
Olympia WA 98504-5320
Phone: +1-360-902-8070

The Department of Social and Health Services provides care and treatment for people with severe and recurring mental illnesses and children with serious emotional disturbance and the families, operates a crisis response system for all of Washington's citizens, regulates the individuals that provide mental health services and develops mental health policy for all providers. County government agencies and 145 private and non-profit organizations, supported by state and federal money, provide treatment for most of Washington's children with mental illnesses. The agencies are organized into 14 Regional Support Networks.

Jefferson County Health Department

Phone: +1-360-385-9400
Toll Free: +1-800-831-2678 ext. 400

Healthcare Access

Phone: +1-360-385-2571
Toll Free: +1-800-464-2571
Prescriptions, referrals, limited financial assistance.

Community Service Office, DSHS

Phone: +1-360-379-4300

Hadlock -- Quilcene Health Department Clinics

Phone: +1-360-385-9400
Toll Free: +1-800-831-2678 ext. 400

Jefferson County M.A.S.H.

Phone: +1-360-385-2571
Toll Free: +1-800-464-2571

South County Medical Clinic, Quilcene

Phone: +1-360-765-3111

Jefferson County Mental Health Services

884 W. Park Ave. PO Box 565
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Phone: +1-360-385-0321
Toll Free: +1-800-659-0321
Crisis Line & referrals 

Return to top


Common Ground

110 Prefontaine Pl. S. #504
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: +1-206-461-4500
Non-profit consulting firm specializing in low-income and special needs housing development. Their mission is to create and preserve decent housing for people with low income and special needs throughout Washington State.

Community Services Office (DSHS)

623 Sheridan St.
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Phone: +1-360-379-4300
Toll Free: +1-877-886-8101
Services: Provides support services to elderly or disabled persons; services may include personal care, respite care, Adult Family Homes, assisted living.

Housing Authority of Jefferson County

5210 Kuhn PO Box 2109
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Phone: +1-360-379-2565
Services: Housing assistance for low-income residents of Jefferson County.

Helena Home

1210 Hendricks
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Phone: +1-360-385-6255

Return to top

Postsecondary Education

Peninsula College


Job Corps


Return to top

Recreation & Leisure

Special Olympics

Toll Free: +1-360-385-1195
Provides training and competition opportunities for developmentally disabled youth in 19 Olympic-style sports, including aquatics, athletics, bowling, gymnastics, soccer, etc.

Washington Special Olympics Family Camp

2150 N. 107th, #220
Seattle, WA 98133
Phone: +1-206-362-4949 ext. 202
For ages 8 and up who have developmental disabilities and approval of their doctor; features campfires, dancing, relaxation and sports; no childcare provided.

Arc of the Olympic Peninsula Monthly Dances

Phone: +1-360-452-3327
One Saturday of the month, 3:00PM - 5:00PM. call DDA for location.

Northwest Kiwanis Camp

Phone: +1-360-385-1327
Lakeside camping for children with special needs at Lake Beausite near Chimacum. Summer sessions. Call for application. Camp fills quickly.

Jefferson County People First

1235 Landes #204
Port Townsend, WA 98368
Phone: +1-360-379-8652
Persons with disabilities participate in self-advocacy activities.

Port Townsend Recreation Center Lawrence & Tyler Streets

Port Townsend, WA 98368
Gatherings on Wednesday nights, 7:00PM - 8:30PM.

Special Needs Advocacy Parents (SNAP)

PO Box 3081
Sequim, WA 98382
Phone: +1-360-681-8642
Offers social activities for those with developmental disabilities. Recreation nights held at SNAP office on Tuesdays, 5:00PM - 7:00PM.

Easter Seals West -- Adaptive Recreation & Education

PO Box J
Vaughn, WA 98394
Phone: +1-206-884-0200
Can be put on mailing list for camp. It is recommended you call to reserve space as soon as you get the information.

Sundial Special Vacations, Inc.

2609 Hwy. 101 North
Seaside, OR 97138
Toll Free: +1-800-547-9198
Has been providing special vacations for developmentally disabled adults since 1968. Vacations are especially designed and escorted by experienced Sundial staff. Purpose is to encourage handicapped.

Trips, Inc. Special Adventures

PO Box 10885
Eugene, OR 97440
Toll Free: +1-800-686-1013
Providing travel opportunities for people with various disabilities.

Return to top


DSHS Medical Coupon Transportation

Toll Free: +1-800-925-5438
If a person is unable to use public transportation and has a medical emergency, they may use medical coupons to pay for a taxi or cabulance. Prior approval necessary.

Dungeness Line: Bus To Seattle

Phone: 360-417-0700

Jefferson County Transit

Phone: +1-360-385-4777

Medicaid Trips

Toll Free: +1-800-756-5438
For scheduled medical appointments that are covered by Medicaid for adults and children who receive a monthly DSHS Medical ID card.

Olympic Van Tours

PO Box 2201
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-452-3858

Pennco Transportation

PO Box 1687
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-452-5104
Toll Free: +1-888-673-6626

Volunteer Chore Service

Toll Free: +1-866-246-3642
Services that enable people to live in their own homes or apartments. May include household work, respite care, transportation, errands and minor home repairs.

Return to top