Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)

Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA)



Health & Emergency

Washington Basic Health Care Plan

1220 Eastside SE, PO Box 9014
Olympia, WA 98504
Toll Free: +1-800-826-2444
For people under age 65 who do not qualify for Medicare and are low income. Covers doctor care, hospital care, lab and emergency care.

Medicaid (through SSI)

Toll Free: +1-800-772-1213
TTY: +1-800-325-0778
Youth with disabilities may qualify for SSI at age 18 and therefore receive Medicaid based on their income (not parents) and disability. Medicaid pays for mandatory health services. In Washington, it also covers optional services.

Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities (HWD)

Toll Free: +1-866-272-7630
HWD is a Medicaid buy-in program for people with disabilities who work. The worker pays a small monthly fee (premium) based on his/her income.

Regional Support Networks -- County Mental Health Crisis Lines Mental Health Division

PO Box 45320
Olympia WA 98504-5320
Phone: +1-360-902-8070

The Department of Social and Health Services provides care and treatment for people with severe and recurring mental illnesses and children with serious emotional disturbance and the families, operates a crisis response system for all of Washington's citizens, regulates the individuals that provide mental health services and develops mental health policy for all providers. County government agencies and 145 private and non-profit organizations, supported by state and federal money, provide treatment for most of Washington's children with mental illnesses. The agencies are organized into 14 Regional Support Networks.

Forks Community Hospital

530 Bogachiel Way
Forks, WA 98331
Phone: +1-360-374-6271
Forks Community Hospital is a full service hospital serving Forks and the West End of Clallam and Jefferson Counties.

Olympic Medical Center

939 Caroline Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-417-7000
Olympic Medical Center, in addition to the hospital, includes satellite operations in both Port Angeles and Sequim, offering high-tech services with hometown care.

Children With Special Health Care Needs

223 E. 4th. Street, Suite 14
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-417-2274 (Port Angeles)
Phone: +1-360-374-3121 (Forks)
Phone: +1-360-417-2413 (Other)
CSHCN provides resource information for families of children under age 18 who have chronic physical, emotional, behavioral or developmental concerns.

Oral Health (Dental) -- Clallam County Health and Human Services

223 E. 4th Street, Suite 14 (Courthouse Basement)
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-417-2408 (Cyndy Newman), +1-360-417-2411
Up-to-date information regarding resources for dental treatment of persons with disabilities. Also coordinates local visits of mobile dental clinic.

Peninsula Community Mental Health Center

118 E. Eighth Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-457-0431 (Rebecca Brown)

490 N. Fifth Avenue
Sequim, WA 98382
Phone: +1-360-681-0585

Includes: case management; individual, group and family therapy; psychiatric evaluations, consultation and treatment, day treatment; co-occurring disorder treatment; specialized services for Seriously Emotionally Disturbed children and specialized services for older adults. We maintain four separate treatment facilities in Port Angeles and Sequim. We also provide services at other locations in the community according to consumer needs and preference.

Return to top


Common Ground

110 Prefontaine Pl. S. #504
Seattle, WA 98104
Phone: +1-206-461-4500
Non-profit consulting firm specializing in low-income and special needs housing development. Their mission is to create and preserve decent housing for people with low income and special needs throughout Washington State.

Housing Authority of Clallam County

2603 S. Francis Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-452-7631
Provides subsidized housing for low income individuals and provides Housing Counseling, Financial Literacy, a First Time Home Buyers Course, a Self Sufficiency Program, Home Maintenance Classes and information regarding down payment assistance programs.

Return to top

Postsecondary Education

Peninsula College


Job Corps


Return to top

Recreation & Leisure

Special Olympics

Toll Free: +1-800-752-7559
Provides training and competition opportunities for developmentally disabled youth in 19 Olympic-style sports, including aquatics, athletics, bowling, gymnastics, soccer, etc.

Special Needs Advocacy Parents (SNAP)

Sequim Community School, Rm. 11E
Sequim, WA 98382
Phone: +1-360-681-8642 (Tresa Stuber) ; +1-360-582-3421 (Tracy Wilson)
SNAP provides a recreation club every Tuesday night from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. for anyone over the age of 14, with and without disabilities. We provide crafts, movies, parties, dances, bowling and other fun activities. We also offer a weekly skills class every Thursday from 2-5 p.m. for anyone over the age of 14. Some topics include making conversation, sewing, cooking, money management and others. All subjects are designed to promote maximum independence for the people we serve.


302 S. Francis Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-452-9244 (Mike Newcomb)
We are a youth and adult recreational facility with programs that include after school childcare, youth and adult sports and fitness, at risk teens, adventure programs, summer camps and special events. Financial assistance is offered on all programs, including memberships.

Olympic National Park

3002 S. Race Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-452-0330
Golden Access passes are available free of charge to people with developmental disabilities, granting free access to the park.

Wheelchair Accessible Campgrounds

For wheelchair accessible camping.

Laurel Lanes -- Bowling

180 W. 8th. Street
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: +1-360-457-5858 (Skeet Erwick)

Community Dances -- Arc of Olympic Peninsula & SNAP Call Division of Developmental Disabilities for location.

Phone: +1-360-452-3327
One Saturday afternoon of the month.

Return to top 


DSHS Medical Coupon Transportation

Toll Free: +1-800-925-5438
If a person is unable to use public transportation and has a medical emergency, they may use medical coupons to pay for a taxi or cabulance prior approval necessary.

Return to top