Do you have a high school student interested in entrepreneurship? Are they interested in experience college-level business and economics classes? This is a great way for them to sample the instruction, interactions, and opportunities the business school offers.
The Albers Summer Business Institute (SBI) at Seattle University is a credit-bearing, project-based learning program focused on social entrepreneurship. The program provides youth from African-American, LatinX/Hispanic, Native American Indigenous, and Pacific Islander heritages the opportunity to explore entrepreneurship, data visualization, economics, and more!
Seattle University celebrates academic excellence achieved through diversity. Consistent with this value, we strive to make our high school programs accessible to students. Throughout their time with us, students:
- Participate in undergraduate courses
- Stay in residential housing on campus
- Dine at University dining halls
- Work with mentors who are undergraduates at Seattle U
- Attend exclusive visits with our corporate partners
- Participate in social activities
- And much more!
Students need to have current enrollment in 9th, 10th, or 11th-grade at the time of application.
During the program, students will participate in three content types before they successfully complete the program.
- Orientation: After June 15, 2021, students will have access to orientation materials to help them prepare for their time with us.
- Preparation: On June 20, 2021, students will have access to their self-paced materials to help them prepare for their week of live/synchronous content with faculty and staff. Materials are completed at their own pace before June 26, 2021.
- Program: On June 27, 2021, students attend their first day of the program to begin the full program with the award ceremony occurring on July 2, 2021.