Scholarships for Undocumented Students

College students who are not citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States are not eligible for State or Federal financial assistance because of their immigration status. In addition, they are generally classified as international students and therefore are required to pay higher tuition and fees.

This is an informative resource guide of scholarships undocumented students are eligible for, intended for students, parents, and educators. Seattle University and the Office of Multicultural Affairs are not a direct provider of the scholarships on this list. If you are interested in any of the scholarships listed here, please contact the organization directly using the information provided.

  • Washington Student Achievement Council. This website has information to help students who are undocumented with steps starting in 6th grade through college! You can find information on how to apply for the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid).
  • Real Hope WA.  A web site dedicated to helping Washington state undocumented students go to college.  This web site is intended to: help undocumented students access higher education — colleges and universities, and apply for and receive public financial aid for college.
  • College Success Foundation has established the Realize the Dream Scholarship, available to 2012 Washington State high school graduates who do not qualify for federal and state financial aid programs, but who do qualify for resident student status for state tuition and fees by completing an affidavit approved by House Bill (HB) 1079.
  • Scholarships AZ believes ALL students can go to college, regardless of immigration status. Check their website. Scholarships are organized by month and due date. Select the month you're looking for on the bottom of the chart. Search for due dates, contact info, amounts, and requirements.
  • University of Oregon's Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies has compiled a list of scholarships for undocumented students and students with residency. Please double check the list before you apply to any of them to make sure they are for undocumented students.
  • Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) has compiled a list of scholarships that are open to undocumented students. The list is available on MALDEF's website or by calling (213) 629-2512.
  • United States Hispanic Leadership Institute has created the Dr. Juan Andrade Scholarship for Young Hispanic Leaders.
  • Hispanic Scholarship Fund has an easy search engine where you are able to select for scholarships where citizenship or legal permanent residency is "not required".
  • Western Union Family Scholarship, as long as you meet all eligibility requirements listed on the website, then they are eligible to apply.
  • Educators for Fair Consideration - while this organization is focused on helping Bay Area immigrants, the scholarship list compiled has regional, and national scholarships available as well.

High School Student looking for Scholarships:

Also if you find incorrect or outdated information, or if you are an organization interested in adding your scholarship to this scholarship guide, please e-mail OMA (