Living in the Residence Halls

Current and incoming residence hall students with housing accommodation requests relating to gender identity and expression should communicate their needs to the Associate Director of Housing. Staff will not ask for any more information than is required to meet students’ housing needs, and all disclosed information will be kept strictly confidential. Recognizing that students are not all alike, placement decisions are made on a case-by-case basis to ensure an equitable outcome that will support the health and wellness of the specific student making the request.

If any student has a conflict with a roommate because of issues related to gender identity or expression, the student should first contact their Resident Director (RD). If talking with the RD brings no resolution, a student is encouraged to discuss the matter with the Associate Director of Housing.

If at any time a student needs to discuss a housing issue related to gender identity or expression, the following Seattle University professional staff may be contacted:

Tim Albert
Associate Director of Housing
(206) 296-6322

Czarina Ramsay
Director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs
(206) 296-6070

Return to Topics