Trans* Access Guide for King County, 2017: https://kctransguide.org/
Trans Advocacy & Support Organizations
- Gender Justice League Our mission is to empower Trans activists and our allies to fight oppression based on gender & sexuality in Washington State and to create a community where trans people can live their lives safely, true to themselves, and free from discrimination.
- Ingersoll Gender Center supports transgender people toward growth and well-being. We provide support, education, advocacy, and information resources for people interested in gender identity issues, and for service providers, employers, families and friends as well, in order to promote understanding, awareness and acceptance of gender diversity.
General LGBTQ Organizations
- The Pride Foundation connects, inspires and strengthens the Pacific Northwest Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community in pursuit of equality. We accomplish this in rural and urban areas by awarding grants and scholarships and cultivating leaders. The Pride Foundation and the Greater Seattle Business Association distribute more than $350,000 in scholarships. You only need to complete one application for more than 50 scholarships!
- Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered persons, their families and friends through support, education, and advocacy.
- Lambert House is a center for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning youth and their allies that encourages empowerment through the development of leadership, social and life skills.
- The local Lifelong AIDS Alliance is committed to preventing the spread of HIV, and to providing practical support services and advocating for those whose lives are affected by HIV and AIDS.
- Gay City is a multicultural gay men's health organization and the premiere provider of HIV and STD testing in King County.
- The NW Network of Bisexual, Trans, Lesbian, and Gay Survivors of abuse works to end violence and abuse by building loving and equitable relationships in our community and across the country.
Culturally-Specific & Youth LGBTQ Organizations
- Queer Youth Space produces youth-led queer spaces in Seattle that are organic, aware, and committed to social justice.
- People Of Color Against Aids Network (POCAAN) is a multi-cultural AIDS prevention organization created in response to the devastating impact of HIV/AIDS on communities of color.
- API Chaya-aims to address and prevent intimate partner violence in our communities.
- Consejo counseling offers mental health and chemical dependency services for the Latin@ communities.
- Asian Counseling and Referral Services (ACRS)offers human service and behavior health services for Asian Pacific Americans.
- Entre Hermanos promotes the health and well-being of the Latino Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and questioning community in a culturally appropriate environment through disease prevention, education, support services, advocacy and community building.
- Trikone Northwest is a supportive, empowering, and affirming community for LGBTQ and differently-oriented South Asians in the Pacific Northwest.
- Zenyu Healing cultivates the holistic well-being and leadership of LGBTQ People of Color through meditation classes, wilderness excursions, and spiritual retreats.
Return to Topics