This certificate program is designed to produce professionals who can analyze massive amounts of data in business, governments, and other industries. Topics include relational database systems, multi-dimensional modeling, data warehousing, data mining, big data analytics, web analytics, and business intelligence.
from Seattle University's 2016-2017 Graduate Catalog
Also check out our Master of Science in Business Analytics.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 2 years of full time work experience
- Competency in statistics
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Records Examination (GRE)
Individual courses below may have additional prerequisites. See the Prerequisites table for details.
- ECON 5000: Introductory Business Statistics (or equivalent)
II. Required Courses
|Four required courses (15 credits)||Credits|
|IS 5305: Data Management in Business||3|
|IS 5310: Data Mining for Business Intelligence||3|
|IS 5315: Big Data Analytics||3|
|IS 5325: Capstone Project in Business Intelligence||6|
|Choose one of the following three courses (3 credits):|
|IS 5200: Business Applications Architecture & Programming
(starting Summer 2017)
|IS 5201: Programming for Business Analytics|
|IS 5320: Web Analytics|
Requirement for certificate: 18 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the Business Analytics Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $835 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 18 credits.)
For more information, contact email@example.com.