This certificate will allow students to gain specialized knowledge in Marketing, to further their professional formation so that they can more easily take on leadership roles in their chosen professions. The Graduate Certificate in Marketing will provide the context for professional roles that marketing plays in serving the greater community.
from Seattle University's 2016-2017 Graduate Catalog
Applicants must have:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of full time work experience
- If a non-business undergraduate degree or graduate degree, a competitive GMAT score
MBA 5080 Marketing Principles (Not required for Professional MBA students)
Individual courses below may have additional prerequisites. See the Prerequisites table for details.
II. Required Courses
|Three required courses: (9 credits)||Credits|
|MKTG 5170: Marketing Strategy *||3|
|MKTG 5305: Marketing Research||3|
|MKTG 5330: Brand Management||3|
*For students enrolled in the Professional MBA program, MBA 5170 is considered a prerequisite for this certificate. MKTG 5305 and 5330 are required courses and three electives from the list below are needed to complete the certificate.
III. Elective Courses
|Choose two of the following elective courses: (6 credits)||Credits|
|MKTG 5300: Personal Selling||3|
|MKTG 5310: New Product Development||3|
|MKTG 5315: Topics in International Marketing||3|
|MKTG 5320: Promotion Management||3|
|MKTG 5325: Sales Management||3|
|MKTG 5335: Marketing and Social Issues||3|
|MKTG 5340: New Venture Marketing||3|
|MKTG 5345: Social Media Marketing||3|
Requirement for certificate: 15 credits
- You need to apply for the certificate program as a regular student via our Application page.
- Once you are accepted, you may start any term (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer).
- After being accepted, you must attend an advising orientation.
- Refer to the 2015-2016 Marketing Certificate Schedule to plan your program.
- Length of program depends on when classes are being offered and how many you wish to take per term.
- Cost is $835 per credit plus fees. (Certificate requirement: 15 credits.)
For more information, contact email@example.com.