Fall Welcome takes place Saturday, September 16 – Saturday, September 23. This event series consists of engagement opportunities that will provide an exciting transition experience for new students. Fall Welcome includes Seattle U traditions, Orientation Groups, social events and activities, and community meals.
View our "Hawks-eye" version of the schedule below, and scroll down to learn about the Seattle U Orientation App and view our Fall Welcome FAQs. The complete Fall Welcome schedule with locations and additional details is available in the Orientation app.
Seattle University Orientation App
The Seattle U Orientation App is the home of the complete Fall Welcome schedule. By using our App, you will have access to all event times, locations, and descriptions, as well as transition support resources readily available in one place whenever you need them! Our App is free to download and use. Families and supporters can also view the schedule and resources. We will inform you of any last-minute reminders or schedule changes with app notifications. You can access our App in two ways:
- Search for "Seattle U Orientation" in your app store to download the App to your mobile phone. For detailed steps, use our Steps to Download Our Guide App to Your Mobile Phone!
- Visit the Seattle U Orientation App through your web browser here.
FALL WELCOME – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are new students required to attend Fall Welcome events?
- Yes, all undergraduate first-year and transfer students are expected to participate in Fall Welcome. Our events will help prepare you for your first quarter and beyond as a Redhawk.
Do you have a printed copy of the schedule?
- To align with Seattle U’s sustainability efforts, we do not print individual copies of our schedule. However, Fall Welcome event schedule posters will be placed around campus.
Do students need to sign up or RSVP for Fall Welcome?
- No! Fall Welcome is included as part of your transition to SU and we plan for all new students to participate.
What do we offer for parents, families, and supporters during Fall Welcome?
- Programming for parents, families, and supporters includes the following events on Saturday, September 16:
- 9am-3pm: Family Hospitality Area (located at Library Plaza and Boeing Room)
- 9am-3pm: Student Center Resource Hub and Pop-Up Campus Store (located on Student Center First Floor)
- 3:30pm-4:30pm: Fall Welcome Kickoff (located in Redhawk Center, North Court)
- We ask that families depart campus after the Kickoff as all other Fall Welcome programming is only for students.
What is happening on New Student Move-In Day?
- On Saturday, 9/16, we welcome all new students to campus! New residents check in at their residence hall and commuter students check in at the Student Center. The Student Center will be a central hub for key resources and engagement opportunities.