Fall Welcome 2022
Fall Welcome takes place from Saturday, September 17 – Sunday, September 25. This event series consists of engagement opportunities that will provide an exciting transition experience for new students. Fall Welcome includes signature events, Seattle U traditions, orientation groups, social events, and community meals. All events are designed with the purpose to meet new students' needs, learn about the culture at Seattle U, and build meaningful connections. We can't wait to see you in September!
Seattle University Orientation Guide
We are excited to launch the Seattle University Orientation Guide – the home of the Fall Welcome schedule, and so much more! By using our Guide, you will have the Fall Welcome schedule and additional transition support resources readily available on your phone or computer whenever you need it! Students can “save” sessions to attend, while your supporters can see what opportunities are available for you. There will also be “tracks” you can follow depending on your interests or class grouping. We will also inform you of any last-minute reminders or schedule changes (sometimes it rains in Seattle!) with app notifications. The Orientation Guide is your complete go-to Fall Welcome resource!
How do I access the Orientation Guide?
You can access our Guide in two ways:
1- Download the Seattle University Orientation app to your mobile phone!
- Go to your app store and search for “Seattle University Orientation.”
- Download the app to your phone.
- Open the app, and tap the SU logo.
- Click “Download,” then click “Open.”
- For detailed steps with screenshots, use our Steps to Download Our Guide App to Your Mobile Phone!
2 - Visit the Seattle University Orientation Guide through your web browser!
- Click here to access our schedule.
- You can also access the download link for the app in the upper right-hand corner of the web page.
- Please note, the web page primarily hosts our schedule and provides less resource availability.
Fall Welcome - A Hawk's Eye View
You can download a PDF copy of the Fall Welcome Hawk's Eye View here: Fall Welcome 2022 - A Hawks Eye View
FALL WELCOME – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are new students required to attend Fall Welcome events?
- Yes, all undergraduate first-year and transfer students (both on-campus and off-campus) will participate in Fall Welcome events. Our programming is important to your transition to Seattle U and will help prepare you for your first quarter and beyond as a Redhawk.
- Do you have a printed copy of the schedule?
- To align with Seattle U’s aspirations toward sustainability, we will not be printing our schedule. The digital option also allows for adjustments as needed. However, you can view our schedule at a glance to the left.
- Do students need to sign up or RSVP for Fall Welcome?
- No! Fall Welcome is included as part of your transition to SU and we plan for all students to participate.
- What do we offer for parents, families, and supporters during Fall Welcome?
- Programming for parents, families, and supporters includes a Family Hospitality Area during new student move-in on Saturday, 9/17 from 9:00 am-3:00 pm and the Fall Welcome Kickoff later that day from 3:30 pm-4:30 pm. At the Kickoff event, President Peñalver and others will welcome new Redhawks and their supporters to our community while facilitating a farewell moment before students join their first Orientation Group meeting.
- What is happening on New Student Move-In Day?
- On Saturday, 9/17, we welcome all new students to campus! New residents check in at their residence hall, while commuter students check in at the Student Center. The Student Center will be a central hub for key resources and engagement opportunities. You can learn more about on-campus move-in here.
You can also find more information on our Frequently Asked Questions webpage.