Medical Emergency

What to Do

  • Report all campus medical emergencies to Public Safety at (206) 296-5911 or use one of the 'Blue Light' emergency phones located around campus.
  • Indicate your location, the nature of the medical problem, and your name.
  • Remain with the victim until Public Safety officers or emergency personnel arrive.
  • If you are trained, give first aid.
  • Be aware that Public Safety is equipped with AEDs (Automatic External Defibrillators) to assist cardiac arrest victims.
  • In the event of a possible overdose, opioid overdose kits, which include nasal Naloxone spray, are available in all AED cabinets on campus.

What Not to Do

  • Don’t move the victim unless there is an immediate threat to safety.