Pre-Arrival to Seattle University
First Time Studying in the U.S.
Hand carry the following documents:
- Your passport with visa stamp
- Your SEVIS form I-20 from Seattle University
- Evidence of financial support from the sponsor who is listed on your I-20
- Evidence of your student status, such as your letter of acceptance, class schedule, or tuition paid receipt
- Receipt of your paid SEVIS fee (pay fee here)
- Contact information for the International Student Center.
Our office phone number is +1 (206) 296-6260.
- If the border officer asks for a name of a school official from Seattle University, you can give one of the following International Student Advisor's names: Dale Watanabe, Marie Johnston, Sabeen Chaudhry, or Lauren Albano.
- NEW STUDENTS: Remember not to open the sealed envelope given to you by the U.S. Consular Officer.
Check-in with the International Student Center (ISC) at the Student Center Pavilion, Room 160 (PAVL 160) upon your arrival so that we can report your enrollment to immigration in the SEVIS database.
Please maintain contact with the ISC throughout your studies to ensure your SEVIS data is updated and accurate.
- Follow your current school's guidelines for transferring your SEVIS record to Seattle University
- Complete the Transfer In Form
- Submit your Declaration of Finances Form and/or Bank Statement to Admissions.
- Check-in with the International Student Center at Seattle University (PAVL160). Please bring:
- Visa stamp
- Latest I-94
- Previous I-20s
- Inform the ISC if you are traveling outside of the United States before classes begin so we can issue you a Transfer Pending I-20
- Update your overseas and local addresses through SU Online