Pre-Arrival to Seattle University
First Time Studying in the U.S.
Hand carry the following documents:
- Your passport with visa stamp
- Your SEVIS form I-20 from Seattle University
- Evidence of financial support from the sponsor who is listed on your I-20
- Evidence of your student status, such as your letter of acceptance, class schedule, or tuition paid receipt
- Receipt of your paid SEVIS fee (pay fee here)
- Contact information for the International Student Center.
Our office phone number is +1 (206) 296-6260.
- If the border officer asks for a name of a school official from Seattle University, you can give one of the following International Student Advisor's names: Dale Watanabe, Marie Johnston, Sabeen Chaudhry, or Lauren Albano.
- NEW STUDENTS: Remember not to open the sealed envelope given to you by the U.S. Consular Officer.
- Follow your current school's guidelines for transferring your SEVIS record to Seattle University
- Complete the Transfer In Form
- Submit your Declaration of Finances Form and/or Bank Statement to Admissions.
- Check-in with the International Student Center at Seattle University by emailing the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visa stamp
- Latest I-94
- Previous I-20s
- Inform the ISC if you are traveling outside of the United States before classes begin so we can issue you a Transfer-Pending I-20
- Update your overseas and local addresses through SU Online