Job Title: Vice President of Planning and Inventory Management
Company: Nordstrom, Inc.
Mentor Since: Fall 2010
Will Mentor: Undergrad Students
Responsible for the financial and assortment planning of merchandise sold through the Full Line stores, Nordstrom Direct website and catalogs.
Nordstrom, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fashion specialty retailers, with 196 stores located in 28 states. Founded in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle, today Nordstrom operates 115 full-line stores, 78 Nordstrom Racks, two Jeffrey boutiques and one clearance store. Nordstrom also serves customers through its online presence at shop.nordstrom.com and through its catalogs. Nordstrom, Inc.’s common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol JWN.
• Sr BPA Director for Merchandise Planning
• BPA Director for Women’s Apparel
• Business Integration Manager
Recreational Equipment Inc (REI) 1994 – 2002
• Intl Merchandise Manager
• Planning Administrator
• Planner for Camping Specialty Shop
Britches of Georgetowne 1990-1993
• Various positions in buying and planning
Macy’s, NE 1989-1990
• Dept Manager
US Army Reserve Officer 1990-1999
Seattle University, MBA, Graduated 2002
University of Virginia, BA in Foreign Affairs/Intl Relations, Graduated 1988
Mentoring Objectives & Scope
- Attend group meetings every 4-5 weeks. Students tell me what they want to learn and come prepared with questions for guest speakers
- Resume review and career interest discussions
- Students will learn why a career in retail is exciting and challenging
- Meetings with Nordstrom employees who work in the students area of interest (Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, etc)
- Possible tour of Full Line or Rack store or NQC facility
When and where do you hold meetings with your students?
My office in downtown Seattle