There are several laboratories and spaces that are dedicated to supporting mechanical engineering faculty research in following areas
Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) Research Including nanoparticle characterization for the purpose of studying its effect on global climate change.
BioFuel Research Optimization algae growth for use in biodiesel production, renewable energy development, energy and environment.
Composite Research Advanced aerospace composite materials testing and characterization, including NDE using ultrasonic methods.
Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) Laboratory
- A scanning mobility particle sizing (SMPS) system
- Differential mobility analyzer (TSI model 3071A)
- Condensation particle counter (TSI model 3025A)
- Inverted burner for nanoparticle production
- Ultra-low energy consumption microalgae dewatering
- Continuous and batch microalgae dewatering reactors
- FlowCAM® flow cytometer
- Spectrophotometer, pH meters and conductivity probes
- 55-kip MTS 810 servo hydraulic test machine with Flex SE controller
- Computerized data acquisition system
- DigitalWave Fracture Wave detector, amplifier, & transducers
- Olympus NDT pulser
- Metallographic systems and optical microscopes