By law, ALL new or transfer international students must complete a series of new student check-in requirements, as a requirements of your student visa. Some of these requirements must be completed online, while others are in-person. Read below for more information.
Undergraduate & Graduate Students:
- Upload the following documents to your Admissions portal:
- Passport Bio Page
- Visa stamp
- Complete the New International Student Info Form within the Admissions portal
- Complete New International Student Online Orientation Canvas course (invite will be sent to SU email address)
- Add a local (Seattle) & overseas (home) address to MySeattleU
Law Students only: Complete same items above, but instead of uploading documents to Admissions portal, email copy of passport, visa stamp, and completed New Student Information Sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend the in-person Welcome Workshop on Wednesday, September 14, 2022 from 1:00-4:00pm in Campion Ballroom
- Attend the in-person Welcome Workshop on Thursday, September 15, 2022 from 1:00-5:00pm in Campion Ballroom
Law Students & Athletes:
- Attend the in-person Welcome Workshop on Monday, August 15, 2022 from 10:00am-12:00pm (noon). Attendance of the fall undergraduate/graduate welcome workshop in addition to this session is optional, but not mandatory.
All students: About 2-3 weeks after classes have begun and you have uploaded/submitted your check-in documents, updated your addresses, completed the online Canvas course & attended the in-person welcome workshop, the ISC will issue you a Seattle University Continued Attendance I-20 valid for the duration of your program.
Failure to complete these new student requirements could jeopardize your immigration status.