Requesting a Travel Signature
Travel Signatures are required for all international students who intend on leaving the U.S. and re-entering on their student visa. This signature verifies that you are maintaining your visa status and confirms your continued attendance at the university. You can find your travel signature on page 2 or your I-20 or the front page of your DS-2019.
Like most processes, there are two steps on obtaining your travel signature.
**Please note that we need you to request your travel signature one week before your travel dates**
- Update your current mailing/Seattle address
- Verify your class registration
- Are you registered for full time?
- If applicable, are you approved for a reduced course load (RCL)?
- Verify your major
- Did you change majors without informing us?
- Does SU have your correct major listed?
- Does your major match your I-20?
Step 2: Email request to advisor
- Fill out an I-20 Request Form
- Verify that your information on the I-20 Request Form matches what you have on MySeattleU
- Email completed form to your primary immigration advisor, or to email@example.com